Click column header to sort
Reporting to the Chairman of Radiology & Imaging and the Executive Director, the Manager of Imaging Services works collaboratively with the Radiology & Imaging leadership team, radiologists, staff, referring clinicians and office staffs and Hospital management. The Manager supports the Practice and Departmental marketing, communications, referring clinician relationships, business development and community relations activities.
The Manager of Imaging Services:
- Designs, implements, and facilitates annual marketing and business development plan to achieve Radiology & Imaging’s organizational goals and increase market share.
- Organizes and implements customer relations including:
- Customer skills training (PACS, Epic).
- Customer visits and coordination of special events.
- Develops and facilitates departmental communications activities including:
- External communications.
- Internal communications.
- Brochures, collateral marketing materials
- Public relations.
- External vendors
- Works with the HSS web team to oversee and facilitates electronic marketing efforts including web site design and maintenance of fresh website content, intranet, and social media.
- Assist the Chairman with business development activities. Gathers, analyzes, and compares competitors’ products, services, and pricing. Works with HSS finance team and the Executive Director to ensure competitive market share
- Researches and develops strategies and plans that identify opportunities to include public relations and community outreach.
- Plans, acquires, and distributes promotion products.
- Represents Radiology & Imaging at various business meetings.
- Assists the Executive Director with Radiology faculty related business and development.
- Provides direct administrative support to the physicians supporting the Departmental marketing initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in healthcare service lines, preferably with experience in radiology and imaging
- Thorough knowledge and skill in Microsoft and Adobe applications
- Ability to tailor communication to meet audience needs
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to problem-solve
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet practice needs
- Some travel will be required – reliable transportation
Senior Analyst, Decision Support
Organization: Hospital for Special Surgery
HSS is the world’s leading academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health. At its core is Hospital for Special Surgery, ranked No. 1 for orthopedics for 10 consecutive years by U.S.News & World Report (2019-2020). HSS has also been among the top-ranked hospitals for both orthopedics and rheumatology for 28 consecutive years.
As part of the Budget and Decision Support Department, the Decision Support Team provides leadership with the necessary knowledge needed in order to support the strategic objectives of Hospital for Special Surgery. The Senior Decision Support Analyst will report to the Associate Director of Decision Support and be responsible for the Hospital’s Labor Productivity Tool found in the Decision Support System (Strata).
- Ensure accuracy and completeness within the Labor Productivity Tool.
- Responsible for the budget creation of Salaries, Hours, and Units of Service each fiscal year and month as positions are created and/or transferred.
- Assist department leaders with variance explanations, new initiatives, and budget changes as it relates to the LPT.
- Support the overall maintenance and integrity of the hospital's decision support system, specifically as it relates to physician costing.
- Enhance existing processes and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Help facilitate the monthly financial close process in conjunction with the DS Analyst.
- Takes initiative of situations as issues, new tasks, and responsibilities arise.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in decision support, finance, or accounting
- Healthcare finance background is preferred
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel; proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivation and the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
Jr. Research Technician
Maintenance of mouse colony including husbandry, breeding, weaning, genotyping, treatments, mouse dissections for sample collections, sample processing, cryosectioning, basic histological staining and slide preparation, ordering of lab reagents and supplies, maintaining inventory of reagents, maintenance of lab records and databases, and day to running of the lab
Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or Molecular and Cell Biology.
Experience in relevant laboratory research.
Experience in animal handling (mice) and colony maintenance
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist our professional staff in performing routine duties and maintaining work areas. Your primary tasks will require you to take initiative to complete work, solve problems, communicate issues and suggest efficiencies. You will follow through on assignments and instructions.
Hospital for Special Surgery
Strategic Financial Planning Department
- Conduct financial feasibility studies for strategic initiatives
- Clinical and financial operationalization of strategic initiatives using a data based approach
- Modify financial forecasting models
- Create presentations for senior leadership
- Understand clinical and financial market changes
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentation materials for Board meetings
- Perform financial analyses using various methodologies
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios
- Detailed, thorough, organized and respectful
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in quantitative financial modeling and / or accounting
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex financial forecasting models
- Experience in working with data analytics in excel
- Background in consulting, investment banking, private equity deal diligence or accounting desired
- Knowledge of hospital / healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelors degree required
The HSS Department of Medicine Biostatistician provides comprehensive methodologic and analytic support to clinical and basic scientists of the Division of Rheumatology at the Hospital for Special Surgery in the area of research. Under the direct supervision of the Physician-in-Chief, the candidate will provide study design and statistical analysis support to clinical scientists throughout the institution.
- Review proposed studies for soundness of statistical methodology.
- Provide statistical expertise in analyzing data for clinical or basic science research initiatives for the Division of
- Rheumatology’s Centers of Excellence.
- Contribute written sections for IRB applications, grant applications, and manuscripts for assigned projects.
- Perform intermediate to expert level statistical queries, analyses, and evaluation using standard statistical programs.
- Maintain program library and documentation for the division.
- Interact with other members of the department and, when necessary, other hospital scientists and clinicians involved in the assigned research projects.
- Stay updated on the latest statistical techniques as applied to biomedical research by reading journals and/or attending courses/programming meetings.
- Develop collaborative relationships with hospital investigators.
- Peer review and suggest changes or improvements to existing analytical and study methods, and reports for validity and limitations.
- Participate in the intellectual life of the Department of Medicine/Division of Rheumatology, including attending programs and activities such as academic conferences, journal club and research in progress seminars.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess a terminal degree, Master’s degree or higher in statistics or related filed, such as biostatistics. At least 2 years of work experience and/or research experience in a clinical setting is required. The candidate should have the ability to interpret technical medical data and generate sound recommendations to support clinical research efforts. Experience in musculoskeletal research preferred.
The successful candidate should possess good organization skills, time management skills, and the ability to manage several concurrent tasks. Complete proficiency in Microsoft Office and a statistical software package is mandatory. Candidate should have knowledge of appropriate statistical analysis for clinical research studies.
Excellent oral and written communications skills are paramount due to the large number of professional interactions that will be required for this position. Experience working with physicians is preferred.
Full Time Medical Secretary - Dr. Steve Lee
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 10 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. Lee is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hand and upper extremity. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the clinical and administrative workflow of a busy surgical orthopedic practice. Your duties will entail coordinating all aspects of surgical coordination; anticipating the needs of patients as they arise. Additionally, you will schedule and coordinate patient appointments. You will also perform a variety of clerical functions including inventory control.
Your role is essential to promoting a professional atmosphere through courteous communication, cooperation and respect for patients, visitors and members of the healthcare team. In addition, you will be responsible for upholding stellar customer service practices for patients and families, as well as acting as a liaison to the physician and hospital departments.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Triage phone calls and patient inquiries, in a professional and efficient manner
- Retrieve messages frequently from voicemail (and EMR system where applicable) and return messages by the end of business day
- Schedule & confirm patient appointments (new visits, follow-ups and post-ops)
- Schedule surgeries and other ancillary tests as directed by physician or office manager
- Prior experience scheduling surgeries, coordinating patients’ pretesting appointments is much preferred
- Perform financial transactions and related functions when appropriate and directed by physician or office manager
- Facilitate communication between physician and hospital departments, department management and patients
- Work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Promote cooperation through teamwork
- Complete all in-service learning requirements including but not limited to the annual in-service learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have an Associate’s Degree and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience. Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required. The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths are required, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Laboratory Technologist – Microbiology - $5k sign on bonus available
As an integral member of our Laboratory team, the successful candidate performs blood tests and other body fluid tests using automated analyzers as well as manual methods to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Under limited supervision, cultivates, isolates, and identifies bacterial or other microorganisms present in body fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, and surgical specimens. Performs various bacteriological, mycobacteriological and mycological tests to provide data on cause and progress of disease.
- Performs all quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains all related records.
- Performs all quality control and instrument check procedure and maintains all related records.
- Prepare solutions and reagents used in all test, with particular attention to viability, lot number and expiration date of substance before using in the performance of tests.
- Process stat specimens expeditiously.
- Participate in the QA/PI process and improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams.
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
The Application Analyst reports to the Sr. Director, Technical Applications + Integration and is responsible for providing support, administration and maintenance to required ancillary/third party applications affecting client-side computing. This position will work collaboratively with technical and application support staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acquire subject matter expertise necessary to support required ancillary/third party applications affecting client-side computing
- Responsible for the configuration and troubleshooting of integrated applications and peripherals, including single sign-on, secure messaging and other third party, ancillary systems
- Responds to emergency and after-hours issues
- Maintain and test processes related to business continuity
- Engage in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources
- Participate in the change control process for all planned application and technical activities
- Follow vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration
- Act as a liaison between technical and application team for all support related requirements.
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple new software applications and provide required support.
- More than 3 years’ experience in vendor software configuration, support and troubleshooting
- More than 3 years’ experience supporting desktop applications in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with diverse population of end users and IT application and technical support staff
- Detail oriented
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will provide support to our Magnet surgical team. Your duties will include: assisting physicians and nurses in surgery using best practices of sterile technique, assembling, maintaining and tracking surgical instruments and equipment; and inspecting all packaged items to ensure integrity. We'll also rely on you to conduct pre-op, intra-op and post-op surgical counts according to AORN standards and maintaining the integrity of the surgical field during procedures. Your capacity to collaborate with your team to promote the highest standards of patient safety is critical to the mission of HSS.