Click column header to sort
Development Communications Associate
HSS seeks a Development Communications Associate to join the dynamic development team for the nation’s #1 orthopedic hospital. The Development Communications Associate is a key resource of the Development Department and provides critical support to Development Directors and the Development Communications team. S/he assists with the stewardship and communications efforts for the department providing plans, tools, and materials that enable relationship management, donor cultivation, and fundraising success. S/he provides support in coordinating, planning, and producing a wide array of fundraising and stewardship collateral (fundraising proposals, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, stewardship books, and web content). Other responsibilities include maintaining the stewardship calendar, coordinating internal and external meetings, assisting with the vendor approval process, and maintaining online and physical library of communications collateral.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Development Directors and Development Communications team to plan and produce compelling correspondence to donors and prospects, including proposals brochures, newsletters, and stewardship reports.
- Update stewardship and communications calendar with stewardship activities, projects, deliverables and timelines.
- Create compelling online web site content and assist with the development of digital communications efforts.
- Maintain library of materials created by the Development Communications team.
- Gain understanding of the department’s goals and vision, and how they relate to the overall organization and mission of HSS.
- Perform additional related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience is required. Fundraising experience a plus.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Well organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and resourceful. Exercises exceptional judgment.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills. (A writing test is required.)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to easily learn other software and database systems. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar application required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; unquestionable personal integrity; and diplomatic and discreet.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A highly confident and dedicated individual, with the necessary drive and energy to respond to the demands of a high-performing fundraising office and world-renowned medical institution.
Director of IT Infrastructure (Server/Storage)
Hospital for Special Surgery is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Director of IT Infrastructure (Server/Storage) who will be responsible for delivering high quality, reliable IT infrastructure and operations to the company. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and scalability for all IT server, storage, email platform, application and server virtualization platforms, as well as software distribution.
This is a key leadership position who will direct the teams in charge of servers and storage platforms, server and application virtualization platforms (VMWare and Citrix), cloud services, Software Distribution, and email communications systems (Microsoft Exchange). This role also works closely with the CTO and peer IT leaders, including End User Computing Support, Network Engineering, Information Security and Applications, to design and execute on the company’s technology roadmap. The Director is a forward-looking technology leader who can develop an infrastructure strategy and drive through to execution and support.
As a member of the IT leadership team, and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Director of IT Infrastructure (Server/Storage) is an influential role, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, negotiating and managing vendor contracts, and recruiting, retaining, and developing high performing teams. The Director of IT Infrastructure (Server/Storage) will provide vision and leadership to a team that includes 12 full-time employees.
- Accountable for a high-performing computing and storage infrastructure companywide. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and management of storage and server operations and production support, email systems and application and server virtualization platforms, and business continuity for infrastructure under management
- Collaborate with the business and IT leaders to develop strategic and tactical solution plans for IT, especially the hospital’s future technology infrastructure.
- Conduct strategic and tactical level planning in partnership with peers in IT to develop technical roadmap, and ensure delivery of supportable technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Partner with the CTO and IT Leadership Team to build and modernize the organizational structure and business processes to support our growth in an increasingly digital world.
- Manage the evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies including cloud, collaboration platforms, high performance computing, continuous delivery and the latest collaboration technologies.
- Develop and lead a high performing infrastructure engineering and operations team to ensure the reliable delivery of IT services and operations.
- Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth, accountability, and customer service.
- Establish, maintain and execute operations procedures that leverage efficiencies and best practices.
- Oversee service management activities including change and release management, testing, quality assurance and end-to-end technical integration.
- Oversee the direction of infrastructure investments in collaboration with team members, the CTO, senior management, and partners.
- Drive the delivery of major technology and infrastructure projects and service management improvements, ensuring that quality, productivity, and ROI goals are achieved.
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to ensure availability of critical systems, and minimal service interruptions.
- Develop a vendor management process, for products and services, that delivers utilization optimization, a best-fit vendor mix, and demonstrable savings.
Knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technology leadership positions with an emphasis on server and storage infrastructure services.
- Substantial experience leading, directing and controlling a complex, highly technical operation or organization.
- A strong technical background in server and storage infrastructure.
- Experience migrating IT infrastructure into a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of business concepts, and an understanding of the links between major business processes, products, systems, and networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the ability to apply those technologies to business needs.
- Deep knowledge of: technology infrastructure, system architecture, technology life cycle management, cloud computing and cloud operations Networking, storage, infrastructure and technology-based security practices, application and infrastructure monitoring, virtualization, database and data center technology, business continuity, disaster recovery, high-availability, scalability
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field.
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) ranked #1 in Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report
Announces its Expansion to Florida!
Receptionist, HSS Florida
In keeping with our commitment to expand the HSS brand, HSS offers an outstanding opportunity for experienced professionals at our outpatient clinic located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The new facility, which is currently under construction and scheduled to open later this year, will serve as the premier center of excellence for orthopedic surgery in the region. As part of a comprehensive initiative to deliver surgical and non-surgical care across multiple specialties, we will provide advanced imaging, a physician clinic, and rehabilitation and sports performance. The state-of-the art facility located in West Palm Beach, will span more than 50,000 square feet, and will reside in close proximity to the airport and major roads.
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years and is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full time Scheduler for one of our physician offices. Dr. Nicholas Sama is an orthopedic surgeon with expertise in fractures, trauma, arthroscopic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will provide support for the operations of the medical office. This includes, but not limited to, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, surgical booking; obtain authorizations/certifications for treatments and diagnostic procedures, patient check-in/out, including copay collection, scanning documents into the EMR and any additional tasks as assigned.
This office is located in Wellington, FL.
- Experience with Epic Medical Records System required; strong computer skills required as well
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.
To find out more about this unique opportunity, please click on the link below:
Special Events Associate
The Special Events Associate supports the events team in all aspects of executing HSS fundraising and cultivation events, including galas, benefits, celebrations, dedications, major/planned gift and campaign-related receptions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the planning of the annual Tribute Dinner, Golf Benefit, Autumn Benefit, Pediatric Benefit, HSS in Florida Panel Discussion and BIKE HSS.
- Directly plan and execute cultivation events, lectures, dedications, investitures and dinners
- Manage the design, copy and production deadlines for event collateral, including invitations, programs, signage, etc. for assigned events
- Manage budgets and oversee the processing of invoices and check requests
- Assist gift officers in the scheduling and catering of meetings and events
- Perform other functions as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One to two years of event management experience, preferably within a fundraising organization
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, accuracy and precision in handling details
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and a database management system, such as Raiser’s Edge
- Flexibility to participate in evening/weekend events and to travel, as needed
Advanced Clinician Physical Therapist
Hospital for Special Surgery's Rehabilitation Department is seeking an advanced clinician level orthopedic physical therapist to join our Rehabilitation and Sports Performance Center on the main campus . This dynamic setting offers the opportunity for the physical therapist to practice in and environment where the clientele ranges from recreationally to competitively active. In addition, this center will be a direct access clinic.
To qualify, you must have 4+ years of out-patient clinical expertise with an emphasis in differential diagnosis, examination and treatment of various musculoskeletal pathologies of the spine and extremities; both non-operative and post-operative. A minimum of 5.6 CEU’s (56 hours or 8 days) in spine and/or manual therapy coursework or in combination with sports specific expertise from an accredited institution is a requirement. Other APTA certifications including OCS and/or SCS are preferable. New York State licensure is a requirement.
Along with clinical expertise, this position requires strong communication, team building, mentoring and leadership skills. The candidate will be a dynamic self-starter and have excellent customer service skills.
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Full Time Executive Secretary
Support our world-class healthcare team by performing diversified administrative/secretarial duties for Executives, and providing administrative assistance within the department. In this role, you will be responsible for arranging appointments and meetings, coordinating related materials and agenda items, making travel, lodging and conference arrangements, and routing incoming mail and correspondences appropriately. You must exhibit the ability to transcribe material of a highly confidential nature, as well as compose letters and initiate correspondence for review by Executives. Additionally, we will rely on you to assist patients with administrative and medical issues, and investigate patient problems from callers and written correspondence.
The successful candidate will have completed an Associate’s degree or equivalent formal training program, which may include specialized or vocational courses. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, and three to five years of experience as an executive secretary is a must. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to work well as a member of a team, as well as ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute are required. Strong computer skills, working Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Patient Care Coordinator Requirement for Dr. William Schairer:
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Patient Care Coordinator for one of our physician offices. Dr. Schairer’s practice focuses on the treatment of conditions related to Sports Medicine. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice, contributing to an environment of clinical excellence. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the clinical and administrative workflow of a busy surgical orthopedic practice. Your duties will entail coordinating all aspects of surgical coordination; anticipating the needs of patients as they arise. Additionally, you will schedule and coordinate patient appointments. You will also perform a variety of clerical functions as directed by your supervisor.
Your role is essential to promoting a professional atmosphere through courteous communication, cooperation and respect for patients, visitors and members of the healthcare team. In addition, you will be responsible for upholding stellar customer service practices for patients and families, as well as acting as a liaison to the physician and hospital departments.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Triage phone calls and patient inquiries, in a professional and efficient manner
- Retrieve messages frequently from voicemail (and EMR system where applicable) and return messages by the end of business day
- Schedule & confirm patient appointments (new visits, follow-ups and post-ops)
- Schedule surgeries and other ancillary tests as directed by physician or office manager
- Perform financial transactions and related functions when appropriate and directed by physician or office manager
- Facilitate communication between physician and hospital departments, department management and patients
- Work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Promote cooperation through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain pre-authorizations for surgical cases, diagnostic procedures, and treatment regimens
- Obtain and document insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, and facilitates physician and patient administrative needs.
- Coordinate OR time as needed for multi-physician procedures.
- Coordinate patient surgical list and radiology list for all physicians in the practice.
- Obtain prior authorizations for MRI, CT’s and any additional testing.
To qualify you must have an Associate’s Degree and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience. Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required. The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths are required, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Accounts Receivable Representative
This position plays an integral role within the Patient Accounting Department and the successful candidate will be responsible for a large volume of commercial insurance accounts. The position is also responsible for the billing and follow-up of claims to a third party payer. Another responsibility of this position is to process refunds to insurance companies.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years billing and follow-up experience. Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Epic experience preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Applies and removes casts per physician prescription. Complements and supports the nurse in providing care to patients/families according to established standards of care. Supports the unit in the maintenance and safety of supplies, equipment, and the environment.
- Applies and removes casts according to physician specification, including the appropriate selection of materials, padding and trimming
- Verifies physician's order for type of cast, cast material and special instructions.
- Selects appropriate padding and stockinette appropriate to the patient's condition, age, surgery anatomy and the cast material specified by the physician.
- Applies padding to the skin and bony prominences.
- Applies cast material so that the reduction/alignment is maintained as ordered by the physician.
- Provides information about skin integrity, cast fit and other data collected, to the appropriate professional, nurse or physician.
- Inspects edges of casts for smoothness, and for signs of pressure and tightness.
- Demonstrates ability to apply and remove casts and splints according to physician specification, including the appropriate selection of materials, padding and trimming.
- Demonstrates awareness of the plan of care for the individual patient; supports nurses and physicians as applicable.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for patients, family and staff.
- Maintain cultural and diversity appreciation when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promote a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- High School diploma
- American Heart Association Heartsaver certification
- Basic nursing skills, e.g., one year as nursing attendant, emergency technician experience, Armed Services Medical Corps, or Orthopedic Technologist.
- Strong patient centered approach with a strong emphasis on providing exemplary, world-class customer service
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
The Registrar is responsible for the reception of patients, families and health care providers to the unit; facilitation and implementation of multiple communication activities (oral, written and computerized) between health care providers, patients families and visitors; initiation and maintenance of patient and unit records; maintenance of work station and materials pertinent to the work assignment.