Click column header to sort
Nights 8p - 4:15am
Hospital for Special Surgery is current searching for Full-Time Anesthesia Technician on the Overnight shift, who will ensure the delivery of the highest quality of patient care as well as assist Anesthesiologists in providing comprehensive attention to patients and families, while working in an environment that commands clinical excellence every day. Your duties will include providing technical support to Anesthesiologists in all clinical settings, re-stocking anesthesia carts using designated par levels, and delivering completed carts to operating rooms. Other responsibilities will be to assist in cleaning OR’s when cases conclude each day, ensure state of readiness for next OR day, and maintain order in anesthesia supply areas.
Provide our world-renowned healthcare team with comprehensive administrative support. In this position, you will schedule procedures and act in accordance with the protocols established and goals of the Radiology & Imaging Department. You will enter and maintain information in scheduling module of RIS system as well as scan pertinent documentation for distribution to required Supervisors and staff. You will also distribute schedules to areas as required and ensure confidentiality of data.
Medical Secretary Requirement for Dr. Pearle
Dr. Andrew D. Pearle is currently looking for an experienced and energetic full time Medical Secretary. Dr. Pearle is the Chief of the Sports Medicine Institute at Hospital for Special Surgery. The office is looking for a Medical Secretary to provide additional administrative support.
This position is Monday through Friday, starting at 8:30a or 9:00a (depending on the day) and ends at 5p. This position may require traveling to our White Plains satellite office in the rare event that coverage is needed.
Please note that our main office is located on 71st Street in Manhattan.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, familiarity with Excel a plus
- Answer telephone, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to callers in a professional and efficient manner
- Retrieve messages frequently from voicemail (and EMR system where applicable) and return messages by the end of business day
- Schedule patient appointments and other ancillary tests as directed by office manager or physician
- Prepare patient charts in anticipation of office hours where applicable.
- Scan medical records into individual patient accounts within EMR system
- Familiarity with social media (i.e. Facebook, Instragram) and SEO a plus
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.
Full Time Building Services Aide
Ensuring exceptional safety and the best first impressions for our patients, customers and staff, you will maintain our state-of-the-art facilities by performing a wide range of general cleaning tasks. Your primary duties will be cleaning patient rooms and common areas, and providing a comfortable and appealing environment for our patients. This will include: dusting and washing equipment, walls, and floors; removing refuse, recyclables and regulated medical waste; and sanitizing receptacles.
Full Time Office Manager
Dr. Malhotra - Pain Management
Reports to: Supervising Pain Management physician; Manager, Outpatient Pain Management
- Acts as the primary representative of, and provides direct assistance to, pain management physician.
- Manages all aspects of the office’s daily operations and collaborates with the physician on all facets of practice management.
- Performs general office procedures, including but not limited to: scheduling patient appointments, pre-certifying patients, securing insurance authorizations, ordering tests as directed by physician; coordinating physician’s clinical calendar and patient flow, answering phones, triaging calls; maintaining adequate inventory of office supplies; managing the physician’s electronic medical record system; scheduling patient procedures with HSS booking office; addressing office issues; suggesting and implementing processes to improve efficiency and service.
- Coordinates outside services including billing, transcription service, answering-service, electronic medical record vendors, etc. Works with the services to improve efficiency of practice.
- Communicates with patients in an appropriate manner and assists them in all aspects of interactions with the hospital and physician offices. Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible with compassion and understanding. Observes the privacy and confidentiality of information in accordance with HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Facilitates communication between physician and hospital departments, department management and clinic to ensure efficiency of physician practice and department.
- Other related duties and projects as designated
- Displays a positive attitude toward work assignments, performance feedback, and interactions with co- workers, patients, families, and visitors.
- Willingly adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer literacy, including proficiency in Outlook email and E-learning.
- Attends Department meetings regularly and punctually.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of hospital or medical office experience; prior management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel
- Working knowledge of Epic EMR preferred
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist our professional staff in performing routine duties and maintaining work areas. Your primary tasks will require you to take initiative to complete work, solve problems, communicate issues and suggest efficiencies. You will follow through on assignments and instructions.
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) ranked #1 in Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report
Announces its Expansion to Florida!
LPN Surgical Assistant, HSS Florida
In keeping with our commitment to expand the HSS brand, HSS offers an outstanding opportunity for experienced professionals at our outpatient clinic located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The new facility, which is currently under construction and scheduled to open later this year, will serve as the premier center of excellence for orthopedic surgery in the region. As part of a comprehensive initiative to deliver surgical and non-surgical care across multiple specialties, we will provide advanced imaging, a physician clinic, and rehabilitation and sports performance. The state-of-the art facility located in West Palm Beach, will span more than 50,000 square feet, and will reside in close proximity to the airport and major roads.
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 10 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Assistant.
The LPN Surgical Assist will work under the supervision of an MD and provide care to patients in the physician office setting as well as the operating room. Their scope of duties will include assisting the physician in treatments and procedures, rooming patients, overseeing patient flow, ordering all nursing supplies and stocking exam rooms. They will create and maintain medical protocols set in the office. Proficiency in patient vitals, blood pressure, temperature venipuncture, proper cast removal, suture and staple removal a must. Strong knowledge of orthopedic practice procedures such as diagnosis, CPT codes, crutches, canes, and cam walkers are essential. You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service, establishing and maintaining and organized professional environment. The ability to promote the highest standards of patient safety and respond to patients and families with consideration and compassion is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Assist physicians and nurses in surgery using best practices of sterile technique, assembling, maintaining and tracking surgical instruments and equipment; and inspecting all packaged items to ensure integrity.
- Conduct pre-op, intra-op and post-op surgical counts according to AORN standards and maintaining the integrity of the surgical field during procedures.
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
- The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current FL State registration and license is required coupled with BLS certification required. Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting are essential. Minimum one year acute or sub-acute care experience preferred.
This office is located in West Palm Beach, FL.
The Market Analyst plays an integral role on the Hospital for Special Surgery’s (HSS) Metro NY Regional Markets team. The HSS Metro NY Regional Markets (RM) team has overall responsibility for increasing HSS’ market share in the metro New York region. In addition to developing new and expanding existing business throughout the NY Metro area, the RM team operates outpatient centers in Northern NJ, Long Island, Western Connecticut and the Hudson Valley, and will oversee new centers opening in Manhattan and Brooklyn. It also oversees HSS’ unique collaboration with Stamford Health, which combines HSS’ US News and World Report #1 in the nation orthopedic care with Stamford’s US News and World Report ranked staff, facilities and care model.
The Market Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President, NY Regional Markets, serving as the staff resource for market analysis, project management, and special initiatives. In this key role, the Project Manager will influence market priorities, inform business decisions on partnerships and collaborations, and provide critical infrastructure as HSS’ presence in the metro NY region expands.
- Develops business and market analyses to inform a variety of strategic initiatives, including clinical program rollouts, strategic partnerships, and business development opportunities.
- Creates tools for monitoring departmental performance and attainment of strategic goals, utilizing both external and internal data sources (eg, HANYS Market Expert, EPIC, etc).
- Establishes project management systems to ensure timely implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Develops mechanisms to effectively monitor competitive and marketplace intelligence; incorporates findings into timely, concise, actionable communications to ensure senior leadership is aware of marketplace opportunities, trends, and threats.
- Utilizes a range of data sources, including market share data, physician profiling, market projections, and market research, in all aspects of work.
- Supports Metro NY Regional Markets senior leadership in managing key projects to on-time, on-budget completion.
- Provide Senior Vice-President with dashboards and other reporting tools to facilitate oversight of key projects, strategic initiatives, and departmental performance
- Create presentations for audiences including HSS senior leadership, physician practices, community organizations, and others clearly and effectively conveying key communications
- Manipulate and interrogate data to garner full understanding of market dynamics
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of one to three years related work experience in the healthcare industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of healthcare market trends
- Excellent analytic skills; ability to interpret data and report findings in a clear manner
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to distill or add complexity to presentations based on outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Capable of managing complex assignments and working independently
- Strong computer skills and ability to understand and manipulate new data sources quickly
Compelling New Salaries - Professional Satisfaction - Work/Life Balance
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), the top-ranked orthopedic hospital in the nation, offers a unique and exciting opportunity for Certified Nurse Anesthetists.
At HSS, we take great pride in helping help our patients get back to what they need and love to do. We are the only New York City hospital to receive the Magnet Award four consecutive times – a reflection of the clinical excellence and integrated approach to patient care that has become synonymous with HSS.
This means everyone at HSS contributes to our success and is committed to providing the ultimate patient experience. We are equally committed to a workplace culture that personifies professional collaboration, mutual respect and teamwork.
Our Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management is seeking talented CRNAs who thrive in an environment of collegiality and innovation. At HSS, you will work side-by-side with world-renowned regional anesthetists who will inspire and influence your clinical acumen. Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced CRNA, you will find HSS a warm, professional and exciting workplace.
The Anesthesia team is dedicated to successful outcomes – and that means for both our patients and our staff. We recognize that work/life balance is important to you... our CRNAs work three, set weekday shifts - no weekends, holidays, call, or overnight shifts! Coupled with an outstanding compensation package, including competitive benefits and signing bonus - we remain an industry leader.
Core responsibilities include:
- High-level collaboration with regional anesthesiologists to administer anesthetics, monitor patients, conduct pre-operative assessments, formulate and implement the anesthetic plan, and initiate the post-operative pain regimen in Perioperative Services
- Documentation and operationalizing of the anesthetic plan of care
- Influencing a team-centered model that facilitates the achievement of clinical, departmental and work group goals
- Adherence to the highest level of practice in providing a world-class patient experience
- Masters Degree
- Current New York State Registered Nursing license
- NBCRNA certification
- Graduation from a program of nurse anesthesia education accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- ACLS and BLS certification
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist staff nurses in providing comprehensive attention to patients and families, while working in an environment that commands clinical excellence every day. Your duties will include providing input for patient care plans, reviewing patient status, and assisting in obtaining patient data. Other responsibilities will entail monitoring changes in patient conditions, supporting admission and discharge processes, and making patients and families feel at home.