Click column header to sort
HR Business Partner – Talent Acquisition
We seek an experienced Technology/Finance Recruiter with a strong generalist orientation to join our dynamic HR team.
In this highly visible and interactive role you will provide both hands-on and strategic direction in the recruitment, selection and on-boarding of professionals in all job categories, with a focus on business units. Primary responsibilities will include partnering with hiring managers to identify diverse talent pipelines and strategies for hard-to-fill and niche positions. Primary duties will include coaching hiring managers, scripting ads and strategizing media plans, managing applicant pools, screening resumes, interviewing applicants, and identifying strengths/fit with a concentration on technology, finance, marketing, development, value, innovation and other related clinical support and business roles.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of three years full-cycle recruitment experience within a healthcare or academic framework. Proficiency in working with a variety of sourcing techniques including social media, print and on-line recruitment and applicant tracking systems is required. The ability to build relationships and work effectively with all levels of staff and management is essential. Exceptional written and verbal skills as well as the ability to apply legally sound employment policies/practices in a complex environment also required. iCIMS ATS strongly preferred as well as experience in utilizing Lawson or related HRIS. Bachelor’s degree required. SHRM certification highly desirable.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #2 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with three consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS is a member of the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System and as an affiliate of Weill Cornell Medical College, all HSS medical staff are on the faculty.
Hospital for Special Surgery's Westchester Rehabilitation and Performance team is actively seeking a dynamic Physical Therapist and leader to join us at our state of the art facility in White Plains, New York. This brand new and dynamic setting offers the opportunity for the physical therapist to practice in an environment where the clientele ranges from recreationally to competitively active. In addition, this is a direct access center.
Candidates need to be clinical experts in the field of sports orthopedic physical therapy, as well as expected to take a lead role in staff development, mentoring and a willingness to lead educational initiatives for staff, community and professional audiences. This position requires strong communication, team building and leadership skills.
Application Analyst II
Salesforce CRM Implementation
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced Analyst to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Salesforce Health Cloud for patient access and referrals. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Salesforce Analyst will attain specialized knowledge of the software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, HSS Connect, patient access, and physician’s offices.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Actively work on all aspects of Salesforce implementations through the maintenance stage
- Coordinate and communicate with patient referrals and access personnel, including managers, representatives from other business entities and physician’s offices
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use
- Develop product content (build all necessary codes/databases/rules/functions) for each implementation
- Prioritize and implement system change requests; coordinate software updates and changes with end-users
- Ensure test scripts are created, reviewed and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Salesforce premier support using appropriate tools
- Develop relationships, trust, and credibility to successfully manage multiple demands; maintain daily communications with Salesforce end-users
- Review software, workflows, analyze business operations, and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s HSS Connect, patient access and physician’s practice needs
- Assume responsibility for developing and documenting internal procedures used in conjunction with Salesforce applications; play an integral role in supporting the HSS adoption and engagement strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize access, referrals, scheduling, clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Thoroughly review and test each new release and enhancement; perform system configuration and database setup according to practice/software requirements
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Remain current on Salesforce technologies and obtain certification in Salesforce applications as warranted
- Bachelor’s Degree required; BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience required and at least 1 year of related application experience
- At least 1 year of healthcare experience required
- Solid understanding of the operational practices of customer relationship management solutions, scheduling, referrals, patient access for certain types of visits, and how these practices relate to the medical record flow for appointments
- Familiarity with business integration points, including new patient creation, appointment scheduling, registration, benefits, referrals, PCP assignment and referral orders
- Driven to expand on current healthcare IT knowledge and expertise
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and pragmatic; a team player who is analytical and solution-focused
- Superior oral, written and non-verbal communication skills; ability to forge and maintain strong professional relationships
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office, including: Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Ability to contribute to meetings, prioritize issues, resolve conflicts, manage project plan and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain/maintain Salesforce Certification(s) essential to their function
- Flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & possibly weekends during major implementation and support efforts
- Ability to conduct detailed assessment of current state workflows & develop efficient future state workflows
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- Certified in one or more applications, must maintain certification on an ongoing basis
- Epic application experience
- Kyruus scheduling application experience
- Current Salesforce Certification(s) strongly preferred
- 3+ years working in a healthcare patient access, registration & scheduling environment
- Prior experience implementing, teaching and supporting clinical and non-clinical users with new applications in a hospital environment is optimal
- Cross-application integration experience is highly desired
- Assessment and change management/transformation experience preferred
- Experience and participation in at least one full implementation lifecycle
- Physical Working Conditions
- Comfortable indoor area
- Sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about the department
- Ability to travel to and from mid-town Manhattan to the main Hospital campus and various offsite locations as required
Qualified candidates who desire to be part of a world-class team protecting and building upon our legacy of excellence are encouraged to apply now!
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Employment Status: Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week: 35
This individual will be an integral member of the research team in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements. The candidate will participate in all research study related activities and quality assurance of data for the projects that will result from our registry. The candidate will play an integral role in day-to-day research activities and patient coordination; ensuring efficient operations.
- Assist in the synchronization of research activities for Dr. Edwin Su and serves as a liaison between patients and research staff.
- Provide overall administrative support for clinical research activities. Provides timely reports to Principal Investigator and Research Coordinator.
- Contributes to research through:
- Recruitment process (conducts informed consent process)
- Data collection
- Ensures that study procedures are conducted in compliance with protocols and GCP.
- Assures that research is done in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensures that all research related regulatory, institutional, and departmental compliance requirements are met as appropriate.
- Handles I.T. communications (requests) and generates reports or data overview as needed.
- Facilitates completion of all internal documentation needed for research (IRB applications, conflict of interest forms, data collection forms, etc.)
- Assists in data collection for research-specific studies including but not limited to the performance of measurements for applicable studies, collection of clinical data from patients directly, and manage the performance of all other duties as put forth in the protocol.
- Maintains and enhances professional growth through participation in seminars, research meetings, and internal training sessions to keep abreast of trends in the field of Arthroplasty research.
- Assists in patient care coordination by assuring patients attend follow-up visits, complete research forms, and meet all study requirements.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior research experience
- Prior hospital experience
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Good Technology Practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient use of computers and software
- Knowledge of Orthopaedic and/or Rheumatologic terminology is a plus.
Patient Access Specialist
(Must be flexible to rotate with the possibilites of weekend coverage)
A highly visible customer service position that is responsible for the reception of patients, families, and health care providers. The Patient Access Specialist is an expert in areas of customer service, registration/scheduling, insurance, and HSS Standards of Care. Patient Access Specialist is expected to score in the top 5% of measureable categories within 6 months of hire.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients, visitors, and customers
- Prioritize patient flow
- Verify insurance and obtain benefits
- Triage phone calls and schedule appointments
- Respond to patient, visitor, and customer inquiries
- Obtain patient demographics, personal information, and medical history by interviewing patients
- Collect payments
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent with 3 years of experience
- Two years in a healthcare or related customer service field
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages
Casual Food Service Aide 19 hours per week (Variable schedule)
Food and Nutrition
Hospital for Special Surgery the #1 Orthopedics hospital in the United States and four time Magnet designation recognized is currently looking for a Food Service Aide for our Main Kitchen.
In this role you will perform diversified duties related to all departmental food service activities including receiving, storing, inventory, issues, production, assembly, and service to the customer. You will also support in the cleaning/sanitation and maintenance of all related food service/work areas.
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will work in our state-of-the-art facilities. Your primary focus will be performing Echocardiograms, using ultra sound to visualize internal cardiac structures, obtain measurements of cardiac valves, ventricles, left atrium and visualize blood flow. This will entail examinations using stationary and/or mobile equipment, while ensuring the highest standards of safety for patients. We'll also rely on you to properly store and maintain equipment, instruct patients on exams, and accurately log and document related information.
Clinical Nurse – Inpatient Orthopedics
Department of Nursing
As an integral member of our Magnet Nursing team, the successful RN candidate will be focused on – patient advocacy and delivering the highest quality of care to our patients! Working in an evidence-based nursing environment that commands excellence every day, you will provide comprehensive pre- and post-operative nursing care to our patients and their families in this acute care setting. Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of Nursing in HSS.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to maintain the standards of professional nursing practices in a clinical setting
- Collect comprehensive data on patients’ health (from patients and/or family members); Analyze data to determine needs & develop individualized care plans; update care plans based on progression and pathway as well as manage care delivery
- Ensure that all physician orders are carried out appropriately and timely; work collaboratively with ancillary staff, including Patient Care Assistants
- Integrate patient care standards in all clinical activities; participate in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety, quality of care and patient outcomes
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1+ years’ of acute care experience
- NYS RN license and registration required
- BLS certification required
- HCAHPS/EPIC knowledge preferred
- Your scope of duties will include medical-surgical clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
- Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Active participant in seeking solutions to problems
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #2 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with four consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
HSS physicians are team doctors for the New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, New York Rangers, New York Liberty, and New York Red Bulls.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York City and online at www.hss.edu
Physical & Occupational Therapist Virtual Open House
Thursday, November 21st at 12:00p.m.
Register for this exclusive online event today!
We invite you to click here toregister for this exclusive online event today!
- When:Thursday, November 21st at 12:00p.m.
- Who Should Attend? Physical/Occupational Therapists
- Why Should You Attend? This online hiring event will allow you the opportunity to chat via text with our recruiters and have your questions answered in real-time.
- What Will You Gain? Learn how Hospital for Special Surgery is advancing care; hear about our benefits and your next steps to getting hired.
Don’t Miss out! Register Today!CLICK HERE.
We’re at the top of our game. Help us stay there.
At HSS, we’re a proud leader in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders – a specialty that’s reflected in the expertise of our dedicated, talented rehabilitation team. We provide rehabilitative services across the continuum of care, from acute care and outpatient rehab to performance and wellness offerings. So whether you’re interested in practicing joint mobility, spine and hand therapy, motion analysis, integrative care or sports rehab, you’ll be part of a team that provides the valuable advice, rehabilitation plans and dedication our patients need to overcome their challenges. Anchored by our hospital-based campus on the Upper East Side of New York City, we are on the move... with Outpatient Centers growing in various regions of NYC, Westchester, NY, Paramus, NJ and Connecticut; HSS is rapidly expanding to bring world-class care to our patients and neighbors throughout the tristate areas and beyond.
We are seeking an experienced Reimbursement Analyst to work collaboratively within our Finance team. Reporting to the Manager of Reimbursement the successful candidate will be responsible for two major areas of concentration: analysis and reporting of physician time studies, and assignment allocation of Residents/Fellows, both required by Medicare. Additionally you will assist with General Accounting and Reporting.
- Working with Physician Services to update and maintain quarterly time studies
- Working with GME departments to accumulate data used for the Interns Resident Information System (IRIS)
- Prepare monthly New York State HCRA pool reports (Public Goods Pool, Statewide Pool and cash assessment pool)
- Support reimbursement department with the annual cost report and New York State ICR
- Respond to financial and statistical analysis as requested by management
- Provide support for audits for DSH tool, ICR and wage index
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum one year hospital accounting, finance or related experience, three plus years preferred
- Advanced Excel skills utilizing V-lookup and pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Knowledge of KPMG GME IRIS Software and Lawson General Ledger experience highly desirable
- Healthcare finance background is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel - proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-directed and the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to work collaboratively within high-functioning teams