Click column header to sort
COMPLIANCE DATA ANALYST
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit, the Compliance Data Analyst supports the VP, and other Compliance and Internal Audit personnel, including the Director of Conflict of Interest Compliance, with routine, ad hoc, continuous monitoring, and investigatory reporting and data analysis to help ensure compliance with HSS policies and procedures related to COI, patient privacy, and information security.
- Distributes, collects and reviews submissions in MyDisclosures, HSS’ online conflict of interest reporting system.
- Ensures continuous on-boarding in MyDisclosures of new employees, Medical Staff, and Trustees.
- Performs MyDisclosures system maintenance and follow-up as needed.
- Reviews and reconciles HSS’ Open Payments’ data reported annually to CMS.
- Produces routine and ad hoc reports, analyzes data, and follows-up on exceptions, as appropriate, for MyDisclosures, CMS Open Payments, FairWarning, Epic, and other
- Compliance and Internal Audit data sources.
- Creates and reviews reports in FairWarning, HSS’ access monitoring system. Supports
- investigations and other FairWarning audits.
- Reviews Data Loss Prevention alerts for adherence to HSS information security policies and procedures and conducts follow-up as needed.
- Ensures that HSS departments provide required data related to sanction screening timely and/or uploads data monthly, as appropriate.
- Formats and uploads data for sanction screenings. Reviews for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews sanction screening results for exceptions and reports results as appropriate.
- Produces ad hoc reports as requested.
- Actively seeks knowledge of new or more efficient techniques to increase effectiveness of compliance data monitoring and analysis.
- Stays current on new laws and regulations related to areas of responsibility.
- Interacts with HSS administrative and clinical management, departments, and staff in a professional, positive, and constructive manner to facilitate good working relationships.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to accept delegated tasks and responsibilities; keeps project partners/management informed at all times; confidentiality at all times; high standards of conduct and ethics, as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion; and adherence to HSS’ values.
- Perform assigned special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Auditing, Healthcare Administration, Business Analytics, Decision Science, Statistics or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in compliance, auditing, data analysis, data science, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency using advanced office software applications, including spreadsheets, databases, and data analytics software.
- Proven self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven, excellent organizational skills, the ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities while focusing on details.
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity; exudes credibility and professionalism.
- Proven, excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player and understands role in relationship to others.
- Programming experience with SQL, Access, and/or SAS.
- Experience with Epic, Huron ClickCOI, FairWarning, and/or Data Loss Prevention software.
Dr. Alberto Carli
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Physician Assistant for one of our physician offices. Dr. Alberto Carli is an orthopedic surgeon in the Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Service. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of conditions affecting the hip and knee. The position consists mostly of seeing patients for initial and follow-up visits, office work and OR.
This role will require some travel to Paramus, NJ.
Graduation from an accredited PA program, current NYS and NJ licensure, BLS/ACLS certification and NCCPA board certification are required.
Also, the candidate must have current Infection Control Certification and have completed a child abuse recognition course. The PA must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. Surgical experience or training is preferred.
HSS is looking for a Product Manager to lead the development, launch, and future advancement of a suite of digital products for HSS Health. The HSS Health Product Manager will report to the VP of Strategic Partnerships be responsible for working with multiple technology partners, outsourced developers, and internal HSS IT stakeholders to build and integrate the technology architecture for HSS Health. This responsibility will also include defining and refining the user experience, managing the content development process, and working with the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Value Medical Officer, VPs of IT and Analytics & Business Intelligence to deliver to the market a world-class digital health tool.
- Consumer-Centric: Experience and in-depth understand of how to build a product that is for the end-user
- Collaborative: Ready and willing to build a product from the ground up that includes leading a team of outsourced developers, external partners and internal IT personnel, while setting the tone of a new ‘startup’
- Bias Towards Action: Is able to launch a product on an aggressive timeline, iterate quickly, roll up sleeves and make key product decisions in partnership with the HSS Health General Manager
Product Strategy Development and Build
- Define and execute against product roadmap for a suite of HSS Health digital products, including a mobile app
- Execute full product cycle, from conceptualization/development to launch and ongoing delivery and iteration
- Prioritize and select the next generation set of product features by identifying unmet consumer needs, researching competitive products and solutions, and considering buy vs. build options
- Continue to iterate on the user experience for HSS Health that is consumer-centric, seamless and interactive
- Design and maintain the digital architecture and infrastructure of HSS Health
- Lead technology interoperability plan with multiple partners and vendors
- Liaise with data and analytics subject matter experts at HSS
- Write user stories and strategy for developers to implement new features
Content Management & Integration
- Work with clinical leads to develop content and programming for product
- Define roadmap for future content and ongoing content management
- Manage vendors and partners responsible for integrating content into technology platform
Education, Required Skills, & Experience
- Bachelors degree required:
- 5+ years of experience, including launch of a product and at least 3-4 cycles of new versions
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Digital product management
- Mobile content and services
- Tech architecture and operations
- Vendor and partner management
- User experience design
- Experience with the following preferred:
- Cloud Application Development and Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- API Management (REST, SOAP)
- Mobile Application Development
- Content Management Systems
- Customer Identity and Access Management
- Agile methodology
NYS Licensed Massage Therapist
Hospital for Special Surgery
Hospital for Special Surgery's Westchester Ouptoatient Center is seeking a per diem Massage Therapist to join our dynamic team. The candidate will work with our staff to provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Develop and appropriately maintain individualized Massage Therapy sessions with client and patient population in a medical setting.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of services and implementation of individualized treatment programs
- Provide support & education to patients and staff regarding Massage Therapy and protocols within a medical setting
- Ensure patient care and interactions are aligned with Hospital for Special Surgery’s commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with administrative team and clients
- Self-reliant to build client base schedule
- Part-Time position
- Current NYS Massage Therapy License
- 5+ experience working with clients who suffer from orthopedic conditions
- Demonstrate completion of continued education courses for special populations (sports, osteoporosis, arthritis, spine, joint replacements)
- Knowledge of various orthopedic pathologies and surgeries
- Additional certification and education in related sciences or exercise physiology preferred
- Dynamic self-starter with a strong interest in mentoring Massage Therapy with clinical physical therapy staff
- Highly committed to professional, collegial and organizational development; willing to participate in education ventures for staff, community and professional audiences
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Medical Secretary Requirement for Dr. Alberto Carli:
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years and is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. Alberto Carli is an orthopedic surgeon in the Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Service. He specializes in the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of conditions affecting the hip and knee. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will provide support for the operations of the medical office. This includes, but not limited to, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, surgical booking; obtain authorizations/certifications for treatments and diagnostic procedures, patient check-in/out, including copay collection, scanning documents into the EMR and any additional tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Epic Medical Records System required; strong computer skills required as well
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.
CCS Nurse Coordinator/Preadmission Review:
Join our World Class Healthcare Team as a member of our Continuum of Care Services. Your primary responsibilities will include tracking, monitoring, and facilitating through put of Ambulatory Surgery Extended Recovery patients through discharge and/or Inpatient admission. You will also collaborate with members of the healthcare team and facilitate urgent admissions and transfers by obtaining and evaluating clinical information for appropriateness of admission, care setting, and services for a safe and effective hospitalization and to reduce readmissions. To qualify you must be a creative problem solver with strong Utilization Management and/or Case Management skills. In this highly interactive role you will collaborate with clinicians and caregivers to achieve goals and further refine on-going programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate must be a NYS Licensed RN with solid Utilization Management and/or Case Management experience. Strong interpersonal skills, proficiency in PC and database management and excellent communication skills are essential. The ability to demonstrate a real understanding of internal mechanisms for hospital care/clinical programs is crucial. Bachelors Degree required – UM/CM certification highly desirable.
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will provide support to our Magnet surgical team. Your duties will include: assisting physicians and nurses in surgery using best practices of sterile technique, assembling, maintaining and tracking surgical instruments and equipment; and inspecting all packaged items to ensure integrity. We'll also rely on you to conduct pre-op, intra-op and post-op surgical counts according to AORN standards and maintaining the integrity of the surgical field during procedures. Your capacity to collaborate with your team to promote the highest standards of patient safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
Senior AIX\Unix Administrator
Under general direction of the Director of Customer Support Services, the Senior AIX\Unix Administrator oversees the configuration, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of network physical and virtual AIX, Unix, and Linux server infrastructure and operating systems. Responsibilities also include management of vendors, auditing, periodic checks to ensure smooth functioning of all the hardware components and software applications, configuring and maintaining directory services, data services, file sharing services, and resource sharing services. Participate in the development and support of Open Systems architecture and strategy across a large multi-vendor platform environment (HP, IBM, Oracle, UNIX). Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while performing day to day operations.
- Strong AIX, Red Hat Linux and various other UNIX flavors administration skills.
- Strong knowledge of IBM Power VM, VIO upgrades, migrations and patching.
- Strong shell-scripting experience (sh, ksh, csh shells, Perl, etc.).
- Expert troubleshooting abilities.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technologies including Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced with virtual machine technology and topologies.
- Experience with backup and recovery.
- Understanding of operational and support processes and best practices.
- Desire to stay up to date on technologies and best practices.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and during emergencies.
- Monitoring network and server operations.
- Provisioning and troubleshooting virtual machines.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
The following skill sets are highly desirable and preferred
- Knowledge of security policies and experience implementing security controls.
- Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge on IBM Monitoring tools (Tivoli, Netcool, Impact..etc)
- Knowledge of End point protections
- Advanced Unix shell programming skills.
- High Availability cluster technologies and virtualization skills.
- Working knowledge of SSL
- IBM application monitoring skills.
- Working knowledge of AIX system performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the Cloverleaf interface engine, Lawson financial systems and Kronos time and attendance in an IBM AIX and Redhat Linux environments a strong plus.
EDUCATION – Required
- BA in computer science/information technology (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, support and maintenance of PC systems, software, networks, and related hardware.
Postdoctoral Fellow - Mendias Lab
A postdoctoral research fellow position is available in the Mendias Lab, which is part of the Hospital for Special Surgery and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. The Mendias Lab conducts basic and clinical research in musculoskeletal regenerative medicine. The fellow will focus on clinical and translational studies evaluating growth factors and autologous regenerative cell therapies in patients with skeletal muscle, tendon, and cartilage injuries and diseases. The fellow will gain exposure to clinical trial design, cutting edge molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, biomechanical assessments, statistical methodologies, musculoskeletal imaging, and entrepreneurship.
- PhD in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or rehabilitation science
- Experience in performing research with human subjects
- Experience with basic molecular biology, histological, and biochemistry techniques
Per Diem Patient Access Specialist I
A highly visible customer service position that is responsible for the reception of patients, families, and health care providers. The Patient Access Specialist is an expert in areas of customer service, registration/scheduling, insurance, and HSS Standards of Care. Patient Access Specialist is expected to score in the top 5% of measurable categories within 6 months of hire.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients, visitors, and customers
- Prioritize patient flow
- Modify, update, and maintain the scheduling template for the unit and/or department
- Obtain patient demographics, personal information, and medical history by interviewing patients
- Verify insurance and obtain benefits
- Obtain authorizations for services
- Triage phone calls and schedule appointments
- Respond to patient, visitor, and customer inquiries
- Collect payments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years in a healthcare role; two or more years in a role equivalent to Patient Service Specialist I or equivalent
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of health insurance eligibility and liability
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages
- Bilingual a plus