Click column header to sort
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist staff nurses in providing comprehensive attention to patients and families, while working in an environment that commands clinical excellence every day. Your duties will include providing input for patient care plans, reviewing patient status, and assisting in obtaining patient data. Other responsibilities will entail monitoring changes in patient conditions, supporting admission and discharge processes, and making patients and families feel at home.
Director, Clinical Operations and Nursing Excellence,
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS)/Stamford Collaborative
Hospital for Special Surgery and Stamford Health have entered into an unprecedented collaboration to create a premier center for advanced orthopedics in Stamford, Connecticut. HSS/Stamford Health Collaborative offers an unparalleled level of inpatient and ambulatory musculoskeletal care, featuring dedicated, full-service orthopedic units in the new Stamford Hospital tower, as well as in the nationally renowned Stamford Health Tully Ambulatory Center.
HSS is the world’s largest academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health and has been ranked the #1 hospital for orthopedics by U.S News & World Report for 10 years in a row. Stamford Health leads the market for healthcare in lower Fairfield County, with a new state-of-the-art Planetree Hospital, Magnet status, and a 123-year history of providing compassionate, patient-centered care. Through this unique alliance, HSS Orthopedics at Stamford Health will expand access to leading clinicians, as well as best practices and protocols developed by HSS over its 153 years of experience.
For more information on HSS/Stamford, please visit its website: www.hss.edu/hss-orthopedics-stamford-health.asp
The Director, Clinical Operations and Nursing Excellence will serve as the front-line leader for clinical operations, including serving as a clinical resource for all levels of nursing staff in both the acute-care and ambulatory settings. The Director is a critical member of HSS’s Magnet Patient Care Services and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth operations of all aspects of the clinical operations of the HSS-Stamford Collaborative
- Advancing the organization’s strategic objectives by supporting and participating in business development and growth initiatives for HSS-Stamford
- Preparing and sustaining a clinically competent workforce that will meet HSS-Stamford Collaborative’s goals for quality, patient satisfaction, and overall excellence
This position is an employee of HSS and will report to the HSS Senior Vice President, NY Regional Markets and to the HSS Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, with a matrixed reporting relationship to the Stamford Health Chief Nursing Officer.
The Director provides clinical leadership to nurses in the perioperative, intraoperative, postoperative, and inpatient settings. The Director must effectively communicate and interact directly with all staff to create partnerships and relationships within HSS-Stamford.
The Director will provide support and mentorship to all nurses, including nursing leadership. Additionally, the Director will plan staffing, surgical needs, and staff/manager education, based upon patient-and-nurse outcome data and direct observation of nursing practice.
The Director will lead and manage a department that currently includes seven professionals and a team of approximately 100 nurses, techs, and other caregivers.
This position requires a forward-thinking, innovative, and enthusiastic leader who is willing to achieve growth and continuous improvement via research, dialogue, and collaboration.
- Lead and manage the day-to-operations of HSS-Stamford to ensure the highest-quality care; patient, family, surgeon, and staff satisfaction; and cost-effective delivery of care
- Develop an extensive understanding of both institutions and their missions, and the strategic plan and goals for HSS-Stamford as a framework for influencing and negotiating positive change and further integration
- Develop strategic goals for HSS-Stamford Nursing that are in alignment with the hospitals’ business development and growth objectives
- Be the nursing leader for HSS-Stamford, collaboratively achieving high-quality patient outcomes and representing both institutions professionally
Change Management/Continuous Improvement:
- Innovate nursing practices by influencing attitudes, modifying behaviors, and successfully implementing changes that improve patient outcomes
- Implement a continuous-improvement mind-set in Nursing by regularly reviewing and evaluating care and service
- Identify areas for improvement in operations and patient care; develop and oversee initiatives to address improvements; facilitate quality-improvement projects
- Lead the development of policies and procedures, Standards of Care, and protocols essential to the delivery of care
- Oversee the implementation of large technology projects and track their effectiveness
- Develop and engage nursing staff in evidence-based practice. Oversee the HSS-Stamford Clinical Education Specialist’s work to develop curricula and in-service materials to maintain competence for patient-care staff
- Support and mentor nursing staff and nurse leaders in the performance-improvement process to improve patient outcomes
- Facilitate the development of education programs that respond to patient/family needs and health care trends
- Manage the HSS-Stamford nursing staff, using a sound performance-management system to foster a team-centered culture
- Manage staffing, budgets, and all other administrative and clinical activities
- Develop, compile, analyze, and report on key performance indicators and other data
IT Epic Welcome/Cadence/Prelude/Specialist
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced Epic Analyst to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Epic Enterprise Systems. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Epic Specialist will attain/maintain specialized knowledge of enterprise Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, physician’s offices and Epic representatives.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
The Application Specialist is responsible for expert knowledge of their assigned IT solutions, and assigned software functionality. The Specialist serves as a resource to their team, and the IT organization, on projects and technologies. The Specialist is accountable to their Manager/Director for completion of deliverables. Specialist serves as an expert for the team, and may represent the team with clinical and operational teams and leadership. The Specialist provides guidance to team members, and actively develops the knowledge and skills set of the team.
The Specialist contributes to the strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services for their assigned application(s). This role forms and maintains collaborative relationships both internally within the IT department and externally with business leaders.
- Expert knowledge of assigned Epic applications and third-party vendors related to all patient access applications
- Assists Manger and Director in managing the scope cost, schedule and success of assigned applications and projects
- Certified in one or more Epic applications
- Develop and champion new ideas that add value to the organization
- Research best practices and implement
- Provide guidance to teams, users, and leadership on all technologies, configurations and workflows
- Collaborate with other Leads and Project managers to ensure processes and technical solutions are effectively integrated
- Provide oversight of on-site support activities during go-lives
- Prepare budgets, cost estimates and monitor spending
- Proactively seek opportunities to educate teams on HSS application and health technology
- Significant process design experience
- Actively work on all aspects of Cadence/Prelude/Welcome implementations through the maintenance stage, including but not limited to, analysis, build, design of scheduling, self-service check-in, and registration workflows, data collection, quality testing, reports, upgrades and all support activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience implementing applications
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Significant process design experience
- Demonstrated ability in adherence to process standards around documentation and workflow design
- Excellent project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan)
- Strong skills in research and analysis
Sr. Citrix Server Engineer
IT Infrastructure teams are responsible for managing and delivering Enterprise Infrastructure services within the organization. These services are designed on a high-performance computing environment designed on complex virtualization and physical server topology delivering a non-stop 24 x 7 x 365 computing infrastructure. The candidate will be well versed in Microsoft related technologies (Windows Server 2008 – 2019), Citrix, Active Directory, VMWARE, Application Virtualization, and web server technologies.
Major Job Functions:
- Monitor and support our Citrix Environment including XenDesktops, VDI/VDA, and other Citrix hosted applications, including Mobile Device Management.
- Interface with application teams deploying new applications on Citrix platforms and mobile devices.
- Exchange administration, AD Administration, and interaction of technologies with Citrix.
- Participate in weekly / monthly infrastructure systems patching including server patching and application specific role outs.
- Participate in infrastructure projects, technology upgrades, enhancements as required by team members.
- Interface directly with customers, solve end user technologies issues related to Citrix and other infrastructure related technologies.
- Deployment of new systems on VMware, including new server builds, virtual desktops, and related technologies.
- Develop and maintain system operational documentation and training operational team members.
- Create and deploy automation utilizing Powershell scripting, WMI, VB and C#.
- Must be able to provide off hour and weekend support. Participate in a on-call rotation schedule and ability to work remotely.
- Work closely with Desktop Engineering and IT Service Desk providing. Must have extensive experience in working with end user desktop support groups and guiding the teams through problem isolation and resolution.
- Must be able to work independently on assignments while maintaining monthly progress reports.
- Must be able to be available remotely, on weekend, and off hours for emergencies and/or testing.
- Candidate will be expected to be part of the on-call rotation as determined by the on-call rotation schedule.
5+ years in:
- Windows Severs (2008 – 2019)
- Clustering, IIS, Windows Deployment Framework, Ivanti
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS, File Services, Profile Management, GPOs,
- Citrix XenDesktop, Application Deployment, VDI/VDA, StoreFront, Netscalers
- VMWARE management, VSphere image deployment, System build and configuration.
- 5+ years Server Administration
- 3+ years Citrix Administration
- Technical Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Relevant technical certifications
Full Time Clinical Informatics Analyst Level II
Reporting to the Associate Director of Radiology IT, the successful candidate will be actively involved in monitoring, and maintaining the operations of the various Radiology IT systems, and share responsibilities with the team for occasional call. The Radiology IT Analyst I assists in the day-to-day technical administration of the PACS, RIS, Radiology Voice Recognition Dictation System, Image Exchange Portal, and IT systems managed by the department. The Analyst is responsible for in-depth knowledge of assigned Radiology IT systems and software.
- Support the range of Radiology Information Systems and clinical information systems
- Support of the design and implementation of network integrations, including PACS, VRD, Epic Radiant & Epic EMR
- Ensure the timely delivery and up-time of Radiology systems and business applications
- Act as a liaison between Radiology IT and Enterprise IT, technologists, medical staff, radiologists, surgeons & support staff and vendors
- Provide the installation and support of PC and server based software
- Professionally communicate verbally and in written form the details, requirements and status of all current and planned projects
- Proactively maintain the integrity and safety of hospital and patient data
- Aid in vulnerability and application patch management for improved systems performance, while reducing potential threats
- Plan, execute, oversee and judiciously complete assigned projects (e.g. upgrades, hardware/software installations)
- Participate in the creation and/or updating of technical documentation and manuals
- Apply knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Operating Systems, and DICOM integration devices
- Apply knowledge of HL7, DICOM and all healthcare integration standards associated with digital imaging
- Apply knowledge of client/server and Graphical User Interface (GUI) concepts and tools, PC-based middleware tools
- Apply knowledge of Virtualization, SAN and cloud hosting platforms, Citrix XenApp and other Citrix products
- Competently manage fluctuating priorities and work independently or in team environments
- Perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Consistently demonstrate excellent customer service skills; do multiple tasks with regular interruptions; and work flexible shifts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years healthcare IT support experience is required
- A+/N+ Certified
- Hospital-based experience in implementation and support of IT projects is highly desired
- CIIP Certified highly desired
- Epic Radiant Certified highly desired
- Excellent communication skills; good listening capability; skilled at influencing a variety of people and is resolute under pressure
- Associate’s degree is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling or palpating, speaking, listening, and high-level cognition. Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally.
Certified Athletic Trainer - Hospital for Special Surgery
Located in New York City, NY the Hospital for Special Surgery is seeking immediate employment of an experienced Certified Athletic Trainer to provide primary coverage at (2) NY Public School Athletic League (PSAL) high schools located in the Bronx and Queens. Coverage to be flexed to the priority needs of each school as determined by the Certified Athletic Trainer and clinical supervisor for athletic trainer services. The position will afford opportunities to interface with the world-renowned Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Rehabilitation and Performance programs. Preferred candidates have at least 1 year of work experience at a secondary or collegiate level program.
Status – 10 month, full-time position
Licensure – must possess current New York State licensure as a Certified Athletic Trainer
Certification – BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC); CPR
Benefits – Yes
Laboratory Technologist – Chemistry/Hematology
Looking for day shift and/or evening shift coverage
As an integral member of our Laboratory team, the successful candidate performs blood tests and other body fluid tests using automated analyzers as well as manual methods to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Identifies morphology of hematopoietic cells in various stages of development and other characteristics of cells, which may be related to disease processes, with understanding of the significance of the finding.
- Performs all quality control and instrument check procedure and maintains all related records.
- Performs all required procedures related to counting and identification of blood cells, coagulation studies, other hematologic procedures, and routine urinalysis using a variety of equipment.
- Perform all required procedures related to enzymes and other chemical analytes using a variety of equipment including Vitros, blood gas analyzers, etc.
- Prepare solutions and reagents used in all test, with particular attention to viability, lot number and expiration date of substance before using in the performance of tests.
- Process stat specimens expeditiously.
- Participate in the QA/PI process and improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams.
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
Exciting Opportunity for a Part-Time Bilingual Coordinator (LMSW, LCSW or MPH) at Hospital for Special Surgery’s Department of Social Work Programs
Mission: Expand the reach of an innovative, nationally-recognized Rheumatoid Arthritis Supportand Education Program to identify and address the needs of underserved Spanish speaking clients.
Approach: Help spearhead the launch of a pilot program, which in its first phase will lead to rheumatoid arthritis educational events in the community. Conduct needs assessment and literature review; identify and collaborate with community partners and other stakeholders in the Latino/Hispanic communities to inform development of culturally relevant curriculum and lectures; report on findings; and develop, coordinate and facilitate a series of pilot community programs.
The Candidate: Bilingual, self-directed, highly committed professional with excellent program development, planning and community outreach experience. Experience in qualitative research preferred. Experience with data collection, management and Microsoft Office.
For more information, and to apply online:
As an integral member of perioperative team, the successful Unit Assistant candidate provides assistance with transportation of patients, operating room turnover, delivery of equipment, and related items. Unit Assistants provide key support to the perioperative service.
- Provides support to the multidisciplinary health care team to maintain and promote the standards of care and safety.
- Provides assistance with transportation of patients, room turnover, equipment
- Has knowledge of operating room set-ups for various surgical procedures
- Maintains supplies at all times
- Recognizes when equipment needs repair and follows up with appropriate personnel or department
- Maintains a hazard-free environment by disposing of filled linen hampers and medical waste appropriately
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
Surgical Tech I
Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will provide support to our Magnet surgical team. Your duties will include: assisting physicians and nurses in surgery using best practices of sterile technique, assembling, maintaining and tracking surgical instruments and equipment; and inspecting all packaged items to ensure integrity. We'll also rely on you to conduct pre-op, intra-op and post-op surgical counts according to AORN standards and maintaining the integrity of the surgical field during procedures. Your capacity to collaborate with your team to promote the highest standards of patient safety is critical to the mission of HSS.