Click column header to sort
Email and Web Specialist
Calling all MVPs! Are you ready to join the #1 orthopedic hospital in the nation? Are you passionate about improving people’s lives through advancing world-class health education? We’re recruiting an Email and Web Specialist who will manage the entire catalog of HSS Education Institute’s web pages, work on the HSS eAcademy team which serves information to 130 countries around the globe, and head up all email campaigns directed to health care professionals, patients and the general public. The Email and Web Specialist will play an integral role in the Education Institute’s growth and strategic implementation. We’re looking for hard-working self-starters who want to join a tight-knit marketing and communications team in NYC.
The Email and Web Specialist responsibilities include:
- Development, including content curation and creation, coding, testing, and implementation of email marketing campaigns (includes hand coding, not just ESP template use)
- Create/edit text and image content for Education Institute web pages and intranet site using content management system (CMS) and hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to the web and customer journey pathing
- Manage submission process across the Education Institute for new content and updates for publishing to hss.edu
- Perform various coding/programming tasks within learning management system and registration portal (such as Eventbrite)
- Track, report, and analyze metrics and usage trends of the Education Institute web pages and email marketing efforts to inform campaign and communication strategies
- Support with design of banner advertising and announcements for branding and marketing of digital programming across owned channels and paid external channels
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and internal customers including user support
- Act as the liaison between the Education Institute and HSS Web Team
- Knowledge of social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience working in a hospital or health care system a plus
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, web design, digital media or related field
- Experience with content management system (such as Red Dot/Open Text) and skilled with coding in HTML and CSS
- Experience creating/coding custom templates, managing email campaigns and maintaining list health (Mailchimp preferred)
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing reporting and diagnostic tools, including Google Analytics, Google AdWords, etc. and have deep understanding of SEO strategies
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, excellent understanding of Photoshop a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including experience in writing, editing, and proofing content
- Excellent understanding of user experience, navigation, and accessibility
- Good understanding of, experience, or strong interest in health issues or medical marketing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
This position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Strategy & Digital Communications. Please include online portfolio/samples for your resume to be considered.
TITLE: Manager, Fundraising Analytics
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate Director, Development Systems
The Manager, Fundraising Analytics is a new position at Hospital for Special Surgery and is an integral link between Research, Individual Giving, and Advancement Services which will focus on the management and analysis of patient/prospect wealth information needed to support effective fund-raising programs.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Development Systems, the Manager will be tasked with designing and creating strategic processes for coding, auditing, gathering and storing new data sets for various projects and initiatives; Proactively developing relationships with staff and departments across the institution to acquire and understand available relevant data and other analytical work; and employing Excel/Crystal Reports/Importomatic/Raiser’s Edge to extract internal and external data sets and design visual reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and implement best practices/technology in regards to all patient data requests and updates. Includes: daily patient file; direct mail acquisition mailings; returned mail/suppression/risk management lists
- Partner with Directors and other appropriate staff to identify, define, design and execute reports and other data delivery mechanisms to meet the needs and questions of leadership and development staff around prospect/grateful patient management.
- Provide analysis of prospect giving and demographic data to inform fund-raising and administrative strategies. Execute data mining, predictive modeling, and forecasting projects in alignment with known plans and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with development staff to execute cross-platform and interdepartmental projects and encourage overall data-based decision making.
- Conduct benchmarking and evaluative studies to provide insights into effectiveness of current staff activities.
- Assist in training current and new Development and related staff on understanding and interpreting reports and models.
This is a highly visible customer service position that is responsible for greeting, scheduling, preregistration and registration of patients in person and by phone using the Epic system.
The Patient Access Specialist (PAS) I is an entry level multifaceted position that works with interdisciplinary team members in the management of patient flow. The PAS I spends most of the day completing repetitive core PAS tasks for one functional area and meets standard productivity and quality expectations.
Supports Department Activities - Acts as receptionist and demonstrates excellent reception etiquette when greeting guests, staff, employees and peers in a professional, helpful and courteous manner. Listens and responds promptly to requests with compassion and respect.
Daily tasks include any of the following: interviewing patients of all ages and/or their representatives, accurately entering and updating patient demographics; obtaining and scanning legal IDs, insurance cards, signed consent forms, third party liability documents, and advance care plans; obtaining electronic and/or phone benefit verifications, coordinating benefits, determining participating and non-participating insurance coverage, collecting co-payments and out of pocket payments; and resolving patient checklists and work queue encounters.
Daily tasks may also include: coverage of similar functions in other department areas, making appointments, transcribing MD orders, scheduling of follow-up tests procedures and/or appointments, providing patients with visit itinerary, signing-in, admitting and checking-out procedures, assisting with chart preparation, bed-planning, and other Patient Access Specialist functions as appropriate; especially the PAS I working towards achieving PAS II promotional status.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages
Bachelor’s degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent with 2 years of Experience
Two years in a healthcare or related customer service field
Hand & Foot Center
Per Diem Registrar
Days Needed: Monday-Friday
Availability Required: Monday's
The Registrar is responsible for the reception of patients, families and health care providers to the unit; facilitation and implementation of multiple communication activities (oral, written and computerized) between health care providers, patients families and visitors; initiation and maintenance of patient and unit records; maintenance of work station and materials pertinent to the work assignment.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is a Board Certified independent practitioner who is responsible for the care, coordination, and management of the pediatric orthopedic patient in an academic institution. The NP will join our pediatric orthopedic team and work in collaboration with both the medical and orthopedic services to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients in the ambulatory setting. The NP will collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to develop individualized plans of care. The NP will have prescriptive privileges for both medicinal and therapeutic age related modalities. The NP specializing in pediatrics will serve as a resource, mentor and educator for the pediatric patient, their family and other healthcare members. The NP will participate in research activities conducted in collaboration with other pediatric health care team members.
- Conduction of a comprehensive history, physical exam and review of systems according the patient’s level of development including both pre-operative and post-operative patients
- Interpretation of diagnostic and laboratory results
- Development of a treatment plan, including ordering of treatments and medications
- Coordination of transition of care throughout the healthcare continuum including NYH Weill Cornell and the Ambulatory Care Center
- Regular attendance in weekly academic multidisciplinary conference and participation in appropriate annual educational conference
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Master’s Degree in Nursing; Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) preferred
- Current NY State License as a Registered Nurse, and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Possess current certification by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Possess and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support( BLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- At least three years of clinical experience in pediatrics
- Experience with clinical pediatric orthopedic care and/or pediatric orthopedic research is preferred, but not a prerequisite.
Provide our world-renowned healthcare team with comprehensive administrative support. In this position, you will schedule all MRI procedures and act in accordance with the protocols established and goals of the Radiology & Imaging Department. You will enter and maintain information in scheduling module of RIS system as well as scan pertinent documentation for distribution to required Supervisors and staff. You will also distribute schedules to areas as required and ensure confidentiality of data.
THIS POSITION is a NOON to 8PM SHIFT
The Office of Dr. Frank P. Cammisa
Position: Full-Time Physician Assistant
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Physician Assistant for one of our physician offices. Dr. Frank Cammisa is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical treatment of spinal disorders. His areas of expertise include minimally invasive spinal surgery, computer-assisted spinal surgery, microsurgery, athletic spinal injuries and motion-preserving procedures, including artificial disc replacement. The position consists mostly of seeing patients for initial and follow-up visits, office work and OR.
Graduation from an accredited PA program, current NYS licensure, BLS/ACLS certification and NCCPA board certification are required.
Also, the candidate must have current Infection Control Certification and have completed a child abuse recognition course. The PA must have excellent communication skills and be a team player. Surgical experience or training is preferred.
The Director of Accounting - Disbursements will report to the Controller and is responsible for overseeing day-to-day Accounts Payable (AP) and Payroll operations. The Director of Accounting - Disbursements is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls including ensuring Payroll and AP transactions are in accordance with all financial policies and government regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience managing AP and Payroll for a large organization and have excellent attention to detail.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, relating to AP and Payroll functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Assist in the identifying, review and implementation of enhanced or new Disbursement Systems
- Working with Treasury department to monitor cash flow
- Ensure accuracy of AP and Payroll data for financial statements
- Manage AAP function including setting up vendors and maintaining good vendor relationships
- Oversee AP group which handles all US and International check/wire transfer disbursements
- Resolve issues with employee expense reimbursements
- Set up and maintain functional disbursement systems for existing companies as well as future ventures
- Develop and implement disbursement audit procedures on an ongoing basis
- Manage disbursement discrepancies quickly and efficiently; communicate results to management where appropriate
- Coordinate external audits of disbursements
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and evaluating employees to enhance their performance, development, work product and best practices
- Maintain staff job results by counseling and, and when necessary, disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Work with Materials Management to resolve vendor payment issues and identify process improvements
- Work with Human Resources to ensure coordination of benefit deductions, vacation leave and other employee compensation adjustments
- Streamline and document disbursement and compensation procedures with a focus on optimization and automation
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and interacting with other appropriate functions of the company; enforce adherence to requirements; advising management on needed action.
- Process one-time changes in payroll (additional salary requests, bonuses, etc.) when required
- Stay up-to-date with labor legislation and any changes in employee insurance and tax regulations
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or similar degree
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven experience as an Accounts Payable and Payroll Director or Manager
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience with disbursement software such as Infor (Lawson) and Kronos or similar systems
- Familiarity with HRIS
- In-depth knowledge of labor legislation and tax regulations
- A high level of discretion and integrity when handling sensitive employee information
- Self-starter, hard worker
Medical Secretary Requirement for Dr. Demetracopoulos:
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. Demetracopoulos is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will provide support for the operations of the medical office. This includes, but not limited to, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, surgical booking; obtain authorizations/certifications for treatments and diagnostic procedures, patient check-in/out, including copay collection, scanning documents into the EMR and any additional tasks as assigned.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience
Full Time Financial Analyst
- Build and/or assist with detailed financial models to evaluate performance of: programs, physician practice financial operations
- Build and/or assist with pro-forma for physician recruitment
- Build and/or modify existing financial models to reflect operational, financial and market changes under various operating scenario
- Under direction, work with internal stakeholders to obtain, analyze, draw conclusions from various financial and operational data, and make recommendations
- Support Physician Services team in creating presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Support Physician Services team with ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Support budgeting and financial closing processes
- Ability to proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Perform financial analyses using various methodologies
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Detailed, thorough, and organized
- 3 plus years of relevant experience in quantitative financial modeling and/or accounting, preferred but not required (flexible if recent grad)
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex financial forecasting models
- Experience in working with data analytics using Excel
- Knowledge of hospital / healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance