Click column header to sort
Director, Talent Aquisition
We seek an experienced managing recruiter with a strong service orientation, to join our dynamic HR team.
In this highly visible and interactive role, you will serve as a leader, resource, and recruiter, providing hands-on support, strategic direction, and mentorship of the recruitment team. As a role model and mentor, you will demonstrate leadership attributes that foster teamwork and best practices that support a harmonious and productive work environment of excellence and engagement.
Primary responsibilities will include collaborating with hiring managers to identify diverse talent pipelines, developing and implementing strategies for hard-to-fill and niche positions, coaching hiring managers and recruiters, strategizing media plans, analyzing metrics, managing applicant pools, screening resumes, interviewing applicants, and identifying strengths/fit for alignment with the HSS mission, vision, values and workplace culture.
Skills, Experience, Education:
We seek someone with ten plus year’s full-cycle recruitment coupled with previous management experience - preferably within a large healthcare/academic setting. Agility in navigating matrixed hierarchies and collaborating with high-functioning teams will be key.
Exceptional communication and critical thinking as well as the ability to influence and manage change will be essential. Knowledge of legal and regulatory healthcare compliance and expertise in facilitating full-cycle recruitment (of core business personnel - clinical & non-clinical) is required.
Proficiency in utilizing recruitment software tools and sourcing techniques including social media, print and on-line recruitment and applicant tracking systems required.iCIMS ATS strongly preferred as well as experience in utilizing Lawson or related HRIS. Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred. SHRM certification highly desirable.
OR Inventory and Distribution
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the department Sr. Director with the general management of the OR Inventory and Distribution Department. The Director will oversee the OR implant ordering, receiving and inventory management functions.
- Effectively manages consigned and owned orthopedic implant inventory
- Manages the implant ordering process
- Provides coverage for Assistant Director for Sports Medicine as necessary.
- Utilizes information from Lawson and QSight information systems to refine inventory levels.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory information and item master data maintained in QSight.
- Assists with the management and the regulatory compliance of Allograft implants.
- Provides direction and support to Implant Room staff.
- Works closely with implant suppliers to ensure that required implants are available when needed.
- Manages implant backorders and effectively communicates availability information to clinical staff.
- Coordinates loaner implant availability based upon operative schedule and stock on hand.
- Promotes superior customer service and employee engagement.
- Promotes a supportive and team-oriented work environment.
- Supports departmental operations consistent with the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- Address product recalls in the absence of the Sr. Director.
Broad understanding and knowledge of:
- Orthopedic implants and supplies
- Supply and implant inventory management practices
- Orthopedic surgical procedures
- Operating room policies and procedures
Education / Licensure
- Bachelors Healthcare Applied Sciences preferred
- Masters Business Administration preferred
- RN or PA licensure preferred
- 5 years in a related field. 3 years management experience
- 5 years progressive management experience in a hospital surgery setting
- Infor Lawson and QSight software applications
This is a highly visible customer service position that is responsible for greeting, scheduling, preregistration and registration of patients in person and by phone using the Epic system.
The Patient Access Specialist (PAS) I is an entry level multifaceted position that works with interdisciplinary team members in the management of patient flow. The PAS I spends most of the day completing repetitive core PAS tasks for one functional area and meets standard productivity and quality expectations.
Supports Department Activities - Acts as receptionist and demonstrates excellent reception etiquette when greeting guests, staff, employees and peers in a professional, helpful and courteous manner. Listens and responds promptly to requests with compassion and respect.
Daily tasks include any of the following: interviewing patients of all ages and/or their representatives, accurately entering and updating patient demographics; obtaining and scanning legal IDs, insurance cards, signed consent forms, third party liability documents, and advance care plans; obtaining electronic and/or phone benefit verifications, coordinating benefits, determining participating and non-participating insurance coverage, collecting co-payments and out of pocket payments; and resolving patient checklists and work queue encounters.
Daily tasks may also include: coverage of similar functions in other department areas, making appointments, transcribing MD orders, scheduling of follow-up tests procedures and/or appointments, providing patients with visit itinerary, signing-in, admitting and checking-out procedures, assisting with chart preparation, bed-planning, and other Patient Access Specialist functions as appropriate; especially the PAS I working towards achieving PAS II promotional status.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages
Bachelor’s degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent with 2 years of Experience
Two years in a healthcare or related customer service field
Casual MRI Techologist (18.75 hours per week) for New Brooklyn Outpatient Center!
Located within the Brooklyn Nets Training Center in the newly developed Industry City neighborhood, HSS is opening a brand new comprehensive Outpatient Center that offers physician office visits for medical diagnosis and pre- and post-operative care; radiology services, including digital x-ray and MRI; and PT / Rehabilitation / Sports Performance services. This location is the first HSS offering within the borough of Brooklyn and will offer patients the opportunity to access non-operative and surgical specialists, including a variety of sub-specialty programs. Direct access to care will be a major focus of this new Outpatient Center, harnessing digital technologies and open scheduling models to help patients coordinate care in an immediate fashion. Physicians will work collaboratively with on-site HSS-trained physical therapists to ensure treatment plans are seamless and collaborative.
Industry City is a newly developed commercial neighborhood within Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Located on 35 acres of waterfront property, HSS Brooklyn is prepared to offer high-quality orthopedic and musculoskeletal services to employees, residents and visitors to this burgeoning neighborhood and its surrounding communities.
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will work in our world renown MRI facility. Your primary focus will be to operate a MRI system to obtain images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients of all age categories. This will entail performing MRI examinations on 1.5T and 3.0T GE systems while ensuring the highest standards of safety for patients. You will also be required to properly store and maintain equipment, instruct patients on exams, and accurately log and document related information.
Medical Secretary Requirement for Dr. Demetracopoulos:
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. Demetracopoulos is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will provide support for the operations of the medical office. This includes, but not limited to, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, surgical booking; obtain authorizations/certifications for treatments and diagnostic procedures, patient check-in/out, including copay collection, scanning documents into the EMR and any additional tasks as assigned.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience
Full Time Financial Analyst
- Build and/or assist with detailed financial models to evaluate performance of: programs, physician practice financial operations
- Build and/or assist with pro-forma for physician recruitment
- Build and/or modify existing financial models to reflect operational, financial and market changes under various operating scenario
- Under direction, work with internal stakeholders to obtain, analyze, draw conclusions from various financial and operational data, and make recommendations
- Support Physician Services team in creating presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Support Physician Services team with ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Support budgeting and financial closing processes
- Ability to proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Perform financial analyses using various methodologies
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Detailed, thorough, and organized
- 3 plus years of relevant experience in quantitative financial modeling and/or accounting, preferred but not required (flexible if recent grad)
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex financial forecasting models
- Experience in working with data analytics using Excel
- Knowledge of hospital / healthcare industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance
HSS, the world leader in musculoskeletal health, is seeking a manager for an exciting opportunity to work closely with Physician Practice Management leadership. In this role, you will lead new physician onboardings, office set-ups, and manage departmental projects along with working with colleagues to support the day to day operations of the department. This role will require a strong project management background as the position will help to drive and support departmental initiatives and planning processes.
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in physician onboardings and practice start ups
- Oversee development of internal departmental processes associated with key departmental functions
- Help with the development, synthesis and ongoing tracking of departmental initiatives
- Project manage select initiatives within department ensuring timely implementation of department initiatives
- Create presentations for audiences including HSS senior leadership, physician practices, and others; clearly and effectively conveying key communications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of healthcare experience, previous physician onboarding experience highly preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with propensity for critical thinking
- Ability to take ideas to paper; create presentations and materials amidst ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrated track record of success with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Laboratory Technologist – Chemistry/Hematology
Offering 10k Sign On Bonus!
As an integral member of our Laboratory team, the successful candidate performs blood tests and other body fluid tests using automated analyzers as well as manual methods to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Identifies morphology of hematopoietic cells in various stages of development and other characteristics of cells, which may be related to disease processes, with understanding of the significance of the finding.
- Performs all quality control and instrument check procedure and maintains all related records.
- Performs all required procedures related to counting and identification of blood cells, coagulation studies, other hematologic procedures, and routine urinalysis using a variety of equipment.
- Perform all required procedures related to enzymes and other chemical analytes using a variety of equipment including Vitros, blood gas analyzers, etc.
- Prepare solutions and reagents used in all test, with particular attention to viability, lot number and expiration date of substance before using in the performance of tests.
- Process stat specimens expeditiously.
- Participate in the QA/PI process and improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams.
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
Quality Management Specialist
Quality & Accreditation
The Department of Quality & Accreditation (Q&A) at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is charged with improving quality of care to patients across the entire spectrum of care. The Q&A department is a highly visible department, reporting directly to the CEO and COO. All members of the Q&A department have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams comprised of clinical and administrative leaders. The Q&A Department has 2 core responsibilities: Quality & Payment Linked programs, both inpatient and outpatient, and Regulatory oversight to the hospital with accountabilities to New York State Department of Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission as well as other regulatory agencies.
HSS is currently seeking a Quality Management Specialist (QMS)to fill an essential role in the overall success of Q&A programs at HSS. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Quality Programs at HSS including: Interdisciplinary Quality Committees working with key Sr. Leaders as well as other Interdisciplinary Performance Improvement initiatives as identified by the organization. The QMS will also partner with frontline staff to understand their concerns and turn this feedback into performance improvement initiatives.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, show initiative, be able to lead teams, manage multiple projects and work autonomously within a team environment. They will also be rewarded with competitive compensation, a fast-paced dynamic environment and the invaluable experience gained from a best-in-class specialty hospital while working directly with key leaders.
Hours of work are normal business hours with ability to accommodate physician’s schedules for early meetings. A four-day workweek may be available at the department’s discretion nine months after start date.
- Lead Performance Improvement Teams using Lean, PDCA or other improvement methodologies.
- Analyze and present quality data utilizing control charts, process maps, fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Nurture relationships with perioperative medical & surgical staff and other department leadership
- Identify cases identifying cases with potentially preventable complications for improvement opportunities and track implementation of individual and system recommendation
- Collaborate with clinical leadership to coordinate peer review as a component of Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation.
- Ability to review clinical data points and interpret aggregate results
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) to communicate to key stakeholders
- Coordinate with clinical and administrative leadership, data governance, IT, department data experts, and other stakeholders to support enterprise-wide initiatives
Bachelor’s degree in clinical healthcare (RN, PA, NP, equivalent) is required; Quality/Regulatory Accreditation experience, CPHQ or and Master’s degree is strongly preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Quality, regulatory, performance improvement or equivalent experience in healthcare related fields.
- Technology savvy: excellent understanding of processes and databases; adept at Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to monitor and synthesize data, identify trends & insights and make recommendations based on rational thinking
- Well organized and disciplined, with well-developed project management capabilities; detailed & process oriented; thorough; can proactively manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are essential to succeed in this role
- Ability to influence people, build relationships and collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Unquestionable personal integrity; highly credible and professional; quickly gains confidence of others
Qualified candidates who desire to be part of a world-class team protecting and building upon our legacy of excellence are encouraged to apply now!
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities. HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Assistant Director - PHO
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the PHO, the Assistant Director will work closely and collaboratively with the Insurance payors as well as serve as a liaison to the medical staff and stakeholders.
- Assisting in the Negotiation of physician managed care contracts, analytics and financial modeling.
- Coordinating physician enrollment in managed care plans.
- Insuring compliance of managed care companies with negotiated contracts.
- Following up and resolving payment issues with payors.
- Liaison between physicians and payors.
- Scheduling, coordinating and documentation for all PHO related meetings.
- Developing and managing budget for PHO.
- Compiling information for membership regarding changes and updates in the reimbursement environment.
- Participate in the development of HSS Alternative Payment Methodologies (ie: Episode Based Bundled Payments) to be offered to large employers and insurers.
- Work with PHO Executive Director to develop strategies to sell Alternative Payment Methodologies to employers and insurers.
- Collaborate with Employer and Strategic Partnership Department to create new product offerings to large employers.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Solid experience (minimum 5 years) in any combination of contract negotiations, resolving payment(claims) issues, financial analysis/planning for/in a hospital or Health Insurance company. Major teaching/surgical hospital experience or health plan experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory, team-related experience is required.
- Hospital Service Line experience highly desirable.
- Technology savvy: excellent understanding of processes and databases; proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated understanding of contract negotiations, finances, operations, regulations, strategic planning, and the hospital/healthcare industry, as well as external environmental forces, is required.
- The ability to influence and motivate others, as well as work collaboratively within a multi-stakeholder environment is required.
- Associate degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred