Click column header to sort
Director, Service Line Fundraising
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Individual Giving
The Director, Service Line Fundraising will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts. Reporting to the Executive Director, Individual Giving, the Director will be responsible for raising support from grateful patients by working with physicians, assigned board members, and other stakeholders, creating a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects. The Director is a collaborative fundraiser with a track record of closing major-level gifts, ideally within a multi-unit, fast-paced medical, scientific, and/or research-intensive environment. S/he will possess the stature, poise, intellectual agility, and interpersonal skills to work with Trustees, Council members, senior leadership, physicians and scientists, high-level volunteers, Development colleagues, grateful patients, and friends of HSS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of major gift prospects, including strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and the closing of gifts.
- Devise innovative, tactical plans for each prospect, to include cultivating relationships, pitching and tailoring projects for solicitation, arranging personal meetings with executive and medical leadership, following up to close gift, and stewarding. Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Proactively stay abreast of clinical, research, and administrative initiatives and needs in respective areas of responsibility and identify prospective donors for those needs.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, solicitations, briefings, and gift negotiations.
- Write proposals; work with physicians on proposal development and presentations.
- Work with volunteers and event staff in coordinating donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Provide comprehensive, strategic support to physicians and volunteers in donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Establish credibility and strong working relationships with assigned Service Line leadership, physicians and admirative partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience, preferably with a research, academic, or healthcare organization. Hospital/university experience is highly desirable.
COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Stature and intellectual depth, combined with the leadership and fundraising skills, to collaborate effectively with the senior administration, physicians, colleagues, and staff in order to marshal the full fundraising potential of the major gifts donor constituency for HSS.
- Demonstrated record of successful solicitations, including the design and execution of the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies across the major giving spectrum.
- Experience and confidence building, managing, and growing a portfolio.
- Capital campaign experience, ideally within a research-intensive institution, academic medical center, healthcare enterprise, or complex higher education institution.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented manager with entrepreneurial instincts, intellectual curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor. Poise, sophistication, and emotional maturity. Fearless diplomat.
- Collegial and collaborative team player that thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment;
- Superior interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop effective relationships with physicians, high-level volunteers, donors, prospects, senior administrators, and staff;
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to solicit and understand complex medical and scientific information and then interpret, translate, and communicate this information to diverse constituencies in an effective and compelling manner;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- High energy and self-motivated, comfortable with risk and accepting of responsibility; a sense of humor and perspective;
- Commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and excellence;
- Experience in the New York philanthropic marketplace is preferred
Contribute to our mission of improving mobility and enhancing the quality of life for all. As an essential member of our interdisciplinary team you will assist in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with pulmonary disorders. Duties will include Collecting and Analyzing sputum, blood, and breath specimens to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases. As well as measuring the lung capacities to determine impaired pulmonary function.
The Director of Campaigns is a key member of a dynamic fundraising team for the nation’s leading orthopedics and rheumatology academic medical center. S/he is responsible for developing, and executing successful focused campaigns for HSS priorities, including capital expansion, basic and clinical research, and programs. S/he brings strong strategic planning skills as well as the ability to design cultivation and solicitation plans for 7-, 8-, and 9-figure gifts. The Director of Campaigns works with leadership and individual gift officers across the Development Department, to provide infrastructure, strategic guidance, and maintain timelines. S/he also works closely with the Development research team to identify, organize, and manage prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Development leadership to assess fundraising opportunities and lead the development of campaign plans, timelines, budgets, gift pyramids, prospect lists, income reports, and printed/digital materials.
- Establish solicitation priorities and guide the solicitation process for leadership-level gifts, partnering with colleagues within and outside the Development Department.
- Communicate the goals, progress, and success of the campaigns to various constituencies, ensuring that campaign goals are pursued in partnership with other internal departments, as appropriate.
- Create presentations, assemble materials, prepare talking points, and organize full meeting prep for key members of the Development team, leadership, and board members.
- Draft compelling correspondence to donors and prospects, including proposals, stewardship reports, and personalized acknowledgement letters, partnering with fundraisers and communications colleagues as needed.
- Prepare and execute Trustee and principal-level gift agreements, coordinating closely with fundraisers and the HSS legal team during negotiations.
- Assist with researching potential donors in collaboration with the Development Research team.
- Oversee capital naming opportunities and donor recognition, including establishing and enforcing naming and signage standards, serving as a liaison with architects and designers, requesting and organizing architectural renderings, and obtaining required approvals.
- Perform additional related duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum four years of successful fundraising experience relevant to the responsibilities. Experience in healthcare and/or hospitals is highly desired.
COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven track record planning and managing successful fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborative team player; flexible and resourceful; able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing environment and quickly with high-performing fundraising team, leadership, staff, board members, donors/prospects, volunteers, and consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; unquestionable personal integrity; and diplomatic and discreet.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills; comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to distill and synthesize disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan; works productively with diverse constituencies.
- Must possess exceptional project and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize effectively.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail while acutely aware of the "big picture."
- Passion for the HSS mission.
EpicCare Ambulatory Senior Analyst
The Senior Analyst is responsible for expert knowledge of assigned Epic System software. He/she conducts regular day-to-day communication, reviews the software, demonstrates a strategic understanding of business operations, and works with Epic, the Project Team(s), HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organization’s needs. The Senior Analyst routinely performs expert analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software; is responsible for guiding the development and documentation of the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions.
The Senior Analyst builds and maintains strategic and tactical relationships with stakeholders and uses critical thinking skills to provide systems solutions to meet business needs. She/he manages his or her own time to accomplish tasks with minimal oversight, and serves as a mentor to others on the team. The Senior Analyst conducts project management activities as required by the project, oversees applications sub-workstreams or projects, and executes projects and deliverables with minimal oversight.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts. Includes on-call rotation**
- Develop relationships, trust, and credibility to successfully manage multiple demands; maintain daily communications with Epic users
- Coordinate and communicate with key physicians, physician office management, and other Subject Matter Experts
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Review software, analyze business operations and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s and physician’s practice needs
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use
- Assume responsibility for developing and documenting internal procedures used in conjunction with Epic applications; play an integral role in supporting the HSS MD Adoption and Engagement Strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Participate in project management activities for the team; conduct key project management tasks including, but not limited to, updating workplans and status reports
- Work with the Application Manager/Director in the assessment of projects for scoping and timelines
- Oversee application sub-workstreams and key projects
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and across teams to achieve the completion of tasks
- Collaborate effectively with Epic personnel using Sherlock or other appropriate tools
- Support the training team by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes. Perform application training functions, as assigned
- Prioritize and implement system change requests; coordinate software updates and changes with end-users
- Thoroughly review and test each new release and enhancement; perform system configuration and database setup according to practice/software requirements
- Ensure test scripts are created, reviewed and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures
- Remain current on Epic technologies and obtain certification in Epic applications as warranted
- Provide onboarding, mentoring and support for team
- Research best practice and implement leading practice standards
- Challenge existing ideas and develop and champion new ones that add value to the organization
- Very good oral, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills; positive and enthusiastic contributor to the team
- Excellent desktop tool usage including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Considerable process and workflow design experience
- Strong project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan)
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience or 5 years of combined IT and clinical or operational experience
- Participation in at least one full implementation lifecycle
- Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of related Epic application experience
- Advanced SmartForm build experience; SmartForm certification preferred.
- Experience building, maintaining, and upgrading Surescripts interfaces and workflows
- Experience building and testing CER rules and properties
- Experience managing interface error queues and addressing issues
- Experience building patient registries and reporting workbench reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility structure and associated implications and strategies
- Project Management Professional, or like experience
- Advanced degree or clinical certification
Space Planning Manager, Facilities Planning and Design
Regular Full-Time (35 hours per week)
As the demand for services at HSS continues to grow despite the space constraints presented across its multiple facilities, the organization must adapt to these needs through the acquisition of new sites, the formation of partnerships with other healthcare providers, renovations of existing spaces, and the execution of the Main Campus Transformation project.
HSS is seeking a dynamic individual who can engage with multiple levels of leadership in assessing the space needs of the institution and planning future moves and migrations. In this role, the Space Planning Manager will enable HSS to manage its inventory of current spaces and strategically plan for future spaces by proactively developing new approaches to conceptualize and report out on short-term and long-term occupancy and space utilization factors, and how they will align with HSS’s growth strategy. The insight that the Space Planning Manager will be tasked to provide will be critical in refining HSS standards for the development of new musculoskeletal facilities and other future projects.
Reporting to the Senior Director for Facilities Planning and Design, the Space Planning Manager will be responsible for the following areas:
- Evolve and maintain a master space inventory and space allocation assignments for all clinical, research, and administrative space, HSS’s most valuable and limited capital asset
- Maintain space plans, seating and stacking charts, documentation and records, as well as identify and develop new and improved sources of information and methods for validating cost center allocations and occupancy
- Facilitate and oversee building audits to ensure employee locations, furniture layouts, and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans
- Assist in selection and customization of Space Information Management tools and technology
- Collaborate with HSS staff and construction management partners to integrate new/revised architectural drawings into the space inventory
- Develop customized reports and visual aids for internal leadership and external consultants and agencies
- Work closely with client users across the organization to translate new and expanded program needs into clear and consistent functional programs used by Construction Project Managers to develop project cost and schedule estimates
- Perform on-site surveys to document and develop base-line information for planning studies
- Conduct interviews with clinical and administrative staff for the purpose of preparing both global and room-by-room functional space programs
- Investigate and coordinate potential program locations with site-specific space managers
- Perform analysis on the best-use for the available spaces both on and off-campus
Master Planning and Knowledge Codification
- Utilize occupancy information to create plans to accommodate HSS’s future growth
- Partner with the Operational Excellence team to evaluate and codify space and design needs to facilitate HSS operational models
- Translate HSS best space allocation practices to the development and design of HSS facilities
- Establish strong relationships with Finance, Strategic Planning, and Real Estate teams in order to better inform space master planning reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required
- Master’s degree (e.g. MA, MS, MBA, MHA) or equivalent preferred
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare planning
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Able to work effectively when the way forward is not obvious, and resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to take complex ideas to paper
Staff Physical Therapist
Contribute to our mission of improving mobility and enhancing the quality of life for all. As a member of our renowned physical therapy team, you will provide care for a diverse range of patients of all ages. Upon referral by a physician, you will evaluate patient condition, determine the appropriate treatment plan and set rehabilitation goals. Educating patients and family members on the most up-to-date approaches to the rehabilitation process will be an important part of this role.
To qualify you will need a Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy, a current NYS license. At least two years of experience is preferred. Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well in a team are also vital.
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will assist our professional staff in performing routine duties and maintaining work areas. Your primary tasks will require you to take initiative to complete work, solve problems, communicate issues and suggest efficiencies. You will follow through on assignments and instructions.
Clinical Director of Advanced Practice
The Clinical Director of Advanced Practice develops and leads an advanced practice operational and strategic infrastructure in alignment with HSS organizational goals. Reporting to the AVP, Clinical Practice, this role ensures the delivery of high-quality care from the APP team, based upon evidenced based practice and research. The Director of Advance Practice will be responsible for numerous aspects of clinical care and new program development to ensure the optimization of advanced practice workflow and utilization to positively impact patient care. This position requires a motivated NP leader who can function autonomously and in collaboration with all aspects of the organization. This NP position is based at the main hospital in the Upper East Side of Manhattan (New York, NY). This is a full-time position, working 5 days.
- Manages the daily clinical operations of assigned areas of operational responsibility including staff on boarding, training, delegating and mentoring, scheduling, and oversight and evaluation of staff
- Provides expertise on Advanced Practice regulations and oversees the credentialing and privileging for advanced practice providers in collaboration with Medical Staff
- Demonstrates financial accountability with operating budgets, provider billing and productivity benchmarks
- Maintains expertise in clinical competency and utilizes knowledge by serving as an internal and external expert consultant in Advanced Practice matters on various administrative and clinical committees
- Provides support to department and organization in establishing practice protocols.
- Develops processes to collect, verify, and evaluate data relevant to professional performance.
- Provides overview for current competencies and compliance and oversees implementation of departmental-based performance improvement for ongoing professional practice evaluation.
- Masters from an accredited school of nursing required, doctoral degree preferred
- Licensure as an NP and RN in the state of NY required.
- National board certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) from an agency accredited by the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) (e. g., ANCC, AANP) is highly desirable.
- Master s (MBA, MPH, MHA) in Healthcare Administration, Public Health or Business, and ANCC nurse executive or nurse executive-advanced certification, preferred.
- Experience in an academic, multi-specialty institutions, with some knowledge of orthopedics, preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience managing staff at the manger or director-level is preferred.
- Epic Experience preferred
Assistant Director, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The world leader in orthopedics and rheumatology is seeking an SEO lead to support HSS’s objectives in the digital space. This is a unique opportunity to join a best-in-class, mission-driven organization during an exciting period of growth. You will be responsible for developing a program strategy to achieve transformational results, elevating SEO to a new level of prominence.
- Develop, manage and evolve our SEO strategy with a focus on growing key audiences in a meaningful way
- Form and lead a cross-functional team (editorial, marketing, technical, media, etc.) to implement best-in-class practices based on strategic goals and objectives.
- Produce monthly/quarterly audits, including technical and content recommendations, to identify existing strengths, weaknesses and market opportunities.
- Perform regular keyword research and work with content editors to ensure on-page best practices are followed.
- Have a working knowledge of technical SEO to make recommendations related to site performance and technical optimizations such as schema markup. Should be conversant in factors such as site speed, structured data and indexing.
- Provide some technical analysis and reporting on crawl issues; assist with making updates to website as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and technology changes, such as voice search.
- Document SEO guidelines and best practices that can serve as go-to resource for the organization.
- Prioritize tasks based on their likely effectiveness and ability to be implemented.
- 4-6 years’ experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience with tools such as Moz, Brightedge, Ahrefs, Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to share your ideas in a compelling way.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Financial Planning, the Analyst will be responsible for development and management of strategic renovation project budget
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop renovation project budget that achieves strategic and operational objectives
- Strategically manage project budget including monitoring and tracking cost
- Develop timely reports for monthly key stakeholder meetings and communication to Sr. Leadership
- Analyze budget variances, identify and resolve budget issues
- Forecast spending and project timeline based on changes in scope and priorities
- Monitor and track cash collection for capital fundraising pledges and prepare timely drawdown
- Perform other related tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Finance preferred
- Minimum Three to Five years of related experience
- Self-starter with both the ability to work independently and effectively collaborate within all levels and departments of the organization
- Experience in working with data analytics in excel
- Knowledge of hospital / healthcare industry preferred, but not required
Skills and abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a high-pressure, complex environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills