Click column header to sort
Security Officer Full-Time
Overnight Shift 11p.m.-7am
Serves as a resource for information and direction; responds to urgent and emergent situations; performs patrol functions and security checks throughout the campus; reports, investigates and documents incidents; controls internal and external traffic; enforces rules and regulations to ensure and maintain a safe and orderly facility.
Long Island Outpatient Center - Uniondale, LI
Contribute to the mission of improving mobility and enhancing the quality of life for all for the # 1 Orthopedic Hospital in the United States for the 9th year in a row!
The Hospital for Special Surgery has an excellent opportunity for an experienced LPN to join our Long Island Outpatient Center located in Uniondale, LI as a Part-Time LPN! This position may also provide coverage for our Fresh Meadows location as well.
Working under the supervision of one of our prominent MD’s,you will provide the utmost deliverance of patient care in the physician’s office setting.
Scope of duties will include:
- Assisting the physician in treatments and procedures
- Rooming patients
- Fostering effective patient throughout
- Stocking exam rooms.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- Current NYS State LPN license and Registration
- BLS certification
Payer Strategy & Contracting
Hospital for Special Surgery is currently seeking a Data Manager to be responsible for all Managed Care reporting and statistics as it relates to Payer Strategy & Contracting.
- Provide analytical support for all contracting efforts, including: payer contracting, bundled payment contracting, pay-for-performance contracting and other emerging reimbursement methodologies
- Develop reports and provide analysis of physician and hospital reports by service (I/P, AMS, Radiology, Lab, etc.)
- Design and manage all standard monthly reporting
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years Provider/Payer contracting experience
- Advanced experience with APR-DRG, MS-DRG, Ambulatory Surgery Center groupers, APC, APG, and RBRVS reimbursement methodologies
- Data Management/Analytics (Expert)
- Technically advanced; Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access, EPIC experience is a plus
- Knowledge of hospital operations, health/insurance benefit plans, revenue cycle claims systems and complex reimbursement methodologies
- Detail oriented with the ability handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong customer service orientation as well as the ability to work effectively with people at all levels is essential. Exceptional oral, written and organizational skills
Full Time Building Services Aide
Ensuring exceptional safety and the best first impressions for our patients, customers and staff, you will maintain our state-of-the-art facilities by performing a wide range of general cleaning tasks. Your primary duties will be cleaning patient rooms and common areas, and providing a comfortable and appealing environment for our patients. This will include: dusting and washing equipment, walls, and floors; removing refuse, recyclables and regulated medical waste; and sanitizing receptacles.
Staff Secretary – Radiology and Imaging
Provide full support to the attendings and department integrating a diverse range of responsibilities, fulfilling the roles of an administrative assistant, research coordinator, and patient coordinator to facilitate the efficient, effective and organized operation of the department.
Provide administrative support to the attendings and department. Administrative responsibilities may include the following:
- Screening patient calls and emails, and helping to address questions and concerns, sometimes of a complicated and sensitive nature
- Calendar management utilizing Outlook for scheduling conferences, seminars, travel and association memberships; ability to update CVs and publications/manuscripts
- Organizes major meetings including distributing materials, arranging for refreshments, preparing name tags and transcribing minutes
- Coordinates meetings and distributes materials related to Information Technology efforts
- Maintains required files, records and reports on an ongoing basis
- Preparation of response to compliments and complaints regarding department staff (both from patients and additional HSS departments)
- Helping to coordinate stat/add-on cases for interventional procedures
- Transcribing dictated manuscripts, patient reports, and reviews, taking care with the appropriate scientific and clinical language
Possess a working knowledge of scientific language and the scientific process in a clinical and basic science setting, as well as the ability to assimilate complex language specific to MSK orthopaedic imaging, information technology and interventional radiology.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in healthcare administration
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, often under a deadline and in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Present and maintain courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with senior level administrators
- Ability to independently resolve issues and handle unexpected challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Outlook and other office automation tools and systems
- Ability to adjust to changing situations, work assignments and work schedule
Clinical Nurse I - Per Diem
Department of Nursing
As an integral member of our Magnet Nursing team, the successful RN candidate will be focused on – patient advocacy and delivering the highest quality of care to our patients! Working in an evidence-based nursing environment that commands excellence every day, you will provide comprehensive pre- and post-operative nursing care to our patients and their families in this acute care setting. Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of Nursing in HSS.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to maintain the standards of professional nursing practices in a clinical setting
- Collect comprehensive data on patients’ health (from patients and/or family members); Analyze data to determine needs & develop individualized care plans; update care plans based on progression and pathway as well as manage care delivery
- Ensure that all physician orders are carried out appropriately and timely; work collaboratively with ancillary staff, including Patient Care Assistants
- Integrate patient care standards in all clinical activities; participate in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety, quality of care and patient outcomes
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1+ years’ of acute care experience
- NYS RN license and registration required
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
- BLS certification required
- HCAHPS/EPIC knowledge preferred
- Your scope of duties will include med/surg/orthopedic clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
- Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Active participant in seeking solutions to problems
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is seeking to hire a full-time exercise physiologist whose primary role is to provide general and sport specific exercise training and fitness testing services for clients across the spectrum of age, fitness level, and medical and orthopedic conditions. Familiarity and experience with gait and movement mechanics analysis is a plus. The successful candidate will work across various locations of the HSS Campus.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a collaborative, outpatient clinical setting, that includes other allied health practitioners such as physical and occupational therapists. The candidate will be expected to participate in community outreach initiatives, as well as having the opportunity to present at professional education conferences.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual with solid testing and training skills as well as superior customer service to join a growing program in a world-renowned academic medical center.
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 9 years, is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Secretary for our Pediatric Service. The surgeons on our Pediatric Service specialize in pediatric orthopedic surgery, including pediatric sports injuries, spinal deformities and scoliosis, cerebral palsy, pediatric orthopaedic trauma, and emergency treatment of pediatric fractures and other orthopedic emergencies. We also have non-operative physicians on the floor who evaluate our pediatric patients and medically clear them for surgery.
In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to multiple physician practices on the floor, overseeing day-to-day operations and contributing to an environment of clinical excellence. You must be able to work in different office environments and adapt to change and to the differences between them. Moreover, you must be able to take direction well from multiple physicians and office staff and cross-cover their practices as needed.
- Experience with Epic Medical Records System preferred; strong computer skills required as well
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.
Support the delivery of the highest quality of patient care as an integral member of our Laboratory team. Working in our state-of-the-art facility under the supervision of a Senior Technologist, you will perform a a standard Blood Bank testing range of tests utilizing both manual and automated methods. Primary duties will include maintaining section equipment and supplies, preparing solutions and reagents with particular attention to viability, performing accessions, and processing specimens accordingly. Your ability to produce accurate and reliable results will be key to your success.
Full Time Engineer I
Ambulatory Surgical Center
Working with an exceptional team, ensuring exceptional safety and the best first impressions for our patients, customers and staff, you will maintain our state-of-the-art facilities by operating power plant equipment, boilers, chillers, pumps, steam, hot water, compressed air, controls, medical gases, alarms, lighting, and emergency power systems, plant maintenance methods, techniques, procedures, repair, and use of department equipment and supplies.