Click column header to sort
In this role you will facilitate patient care by providing interpreter services between patients and physicians, nursing staff or other hospital personnel. You will be relied upon to assist patients and family members with the completion of required forms and surveys. You will also conduct structured phone interviews with Spanish Speaking patients and maintain statistics on interpreter services provided.
Full TIme Medical Secretary
Dr. Steven J. McAnany (Spine)
(The office is located in Stamford, CT)
Hospital for Special Surgery, #1 in Orthopedics for the last 10 years and is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. McAnany specializes in the evaluation and treatment of spine conditions. In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to an HSS physician practice and contribute to an environment of clinical excellence.
In this role, you will provide support for the operations of the medical office. This includes, but not limited to, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, surgical booking; obtain authorizations/certifications for treatments and diagnostic procedures, patient check-in/out, including copay collection, scanning documents into the EMR and any additional tasks as assigned.
- Experience with Epic Medical Records System required; strong computer skills required as well
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with surgical scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.
This office is located in Stamford, CT.
Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing
Support our world-class healthcare team by performing executive secretarial duties for the Vice Presidents of Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing as well as division directors. Provides administrative assistance for the Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing departments.
This position has responsibility for managing multiple calendars, arranging appointments and meetings, coordinating related materials and agenda items, making travel, lodging and conference arrangements, and routing incoming mail, telephone calls and correspondences appropriately.
The person in this role must exhibit the ability to accurately and efficiently deal with sensitive and confidential information and reports.
- Demonstrates excellent reception etiquette when greeting guests, vendors, staff, employees and peers in a professional, helpful and courteous manner. Listens and responds promptly to requests.
- Emphasis on the scheduling, planning and coordination of meetings and appointments.
- Assists with travel and lodging arrangements for site visits, conferences and training seminars.
- Assists with payroll management for assigned departments within Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing via the automated time and attendance system.
- Distributes payroll checks on a bi weekly basis as needed.
- Helps prepare and update spreadsheets, departmental metrics, status reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Answers telephone, routes callers, takes messages, provides information to callers and takes appropriate action to assist in resolving problems.
- Supports the medical supply recall process which may involve following up with end user departments, reporting back to vendors and documenting actions taken by the facility.
- Maintains the Supply Chain contract database
- Maintains controls on the distribution and account set up for car service vouchers.
- Assists in quarterly audits of key Materials Management functions such as receiving, purchasing and supply distribution.
- Participate in global sports marketing special projects, initiatives and meetings as needed or directed
- Assists global sports marketing with timelines, internal communications, weekly partner status calls, and recap materials
- Supports and coordinates Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing management activities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a healthcare or corporate setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex requests and work both independently and with others.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Present and maintain a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with Supply Chain and Global Sports Marketing customers, vendors, staff and senior level management.
- Ability to independently resolve issues and handle unexpected challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and other office automation tools and systems.
- Must have ability to learn new software tools & systems as required on the job.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations and work assignments.
Applies and removes casts per physician prescription. Complements and supports the nurse in providing care to patients/families according to established standards of care. Supports the unit in the maintenance and safety of supplies, equipment, and the environment.
- Applies and removes casts according to physician specification, including the appropriate selection of materials, padding and trimming
- Verifies physician's order for type of cast, cast material and special instructions.
- Selects appropriate padding and stockinette appropriate to the patient's condition, age, surgery anatomy and the cast material specified by the physician.
- Applies padding to the skin and bony prominences.
- Applies cast material so that the reduction/alignment is maintained as ordered by the physician.
- Provides information about skin integrity, cast fit and other data collected, to the appropriate professional, nurse or physician.
- Inspects edges of casts for smoothness, and for signs of pressure and tightness.
- Demonstrates ability to apply and remove casts and splints according to physician specification, including the appropriate selection of materials, padding and trimming.
- Demonstrates awareness of the plan of care for the individual patient; supports nurses and physicians as applicable.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for patients, family and staff.
- Maintain cultural and diversity appreciation when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promote a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- High School diploma
- American Heart Association Heartsaver certification
- Basic nursing skills, e.g., one year as nursing attendant, emergency technician experience, Armed Services Medical Corps, or Orthopedic Technologist.
- Strong patient centered approach with a strong emphasis on providing exemplary, world-class customer service
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
The Registrar is responsible for the reception of patients, families and health care providers to the unit; facilitation and implementation of multiple communication activities (oral, written and computerized) between health care providers, patients families and visitors; initiation and maintenance of patient and unit records; maintenance of work station and materials pertinent to the work assignment.
Business Intelligence & Analytics Developer
At Hospital for Special Surgery our clinicians and scientists collaborate to deliver the most innovative care. Our specialized focus on orthopedics and rheumatology enables us to help patients get back to what they need and love to do reliably and efficiently. Our patients are overwhelmingly satisfied with the care they receive at our facilities. When you join us, you will become part of this legacy of commitment to the most cutting-edge research and coordinated care.
The Business Intelligence Developer will primarily be responsible for the development and deployment of data warehousing solutions and Business Intelligence applications. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the field of analytics and well versed in all aspects of an enterprise-wide analytics architecture including data integration, data modeling, and master data management.
- Design, build, and support all components of a data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases and reporting environments
- Develop and maintain business intelligence applications including operational reports, dashboards, scorecards, and ad hoc reporting requests
- Develop and automate ETL processes that involve data cleansing, error, reconciliation handling and process monitoring utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business processes
- Utilize SAP Business Objects in designing and building the reporting environment
- Create processes for capturing and maintaining metadata
- Create system documentation and ensure it is continually sustained.
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of the Hospital’s enterprise wide analytics platform
A POSTDOCTORAL position is open to recent PhD graduates (<2 yrs of postdoctoral experience only) to study transcriptional regulation by nuclear receptors and coregulators as related to macrophage biology, inflammation, neuroinflammation, and metabolism in vitro and in mouse models at the Hospital for Special Surgery/Cornell University School of Medicine ( http://www.hss.edu/research-staff_rogatsky-inez.asp ).
The laboratory is located in newly renovated space and is outfitted with equipment and facilities fit to perform cutting edge molecular biology, genomics, biochemistry and immunology research. HSS is a part of a tri-institutional alliance (Cornell University, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Rockefeller University) and offers a superb research environment and a collegial atmosphere.
The position requires previous research experience in biochemistry/molecular biology and a strong publication record. Background in transcriptional regulation, genomics and nuclear receptor signaling is desirable. Initial salary is commensurate with experience; applying for independent funding is strongly encouraged. Qualified candidates will receive a housing supplement to off-set the cost of living in NYC.
Physical Therapist - Advanced Clinician - Sports Focused
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology.
Hospital for Special Surgery's Rehabilitation Department division of Sports Rehabilitation & Performance is actively seeking advanced level clinicians for our sports centers located in the Upper East Side (Main Campus) and West Side. These dynamic settings offer the opportunity for the physical therapist to practice in an environment where the clientele ranges from recreationally to competitively active. In addition, these are direct access centers. Along with being a clinical expert in the field of sports orthopedic physical therapy, the candidate is expected to participate in staff development mentoring and a willingness to participate in educational initiatives for staff, community and professional audiences. This position requires strong communication, team building and leadership skills.
Regional Development Director
The Regional Development Director will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts for institutional priorities and special projects outside of the New York region, dedicated to our new facility in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Individual Giving, the Director will rapidly build and manage a portfolio of prospects in partnership with the major and principal gifs team. Additionally, the Director will represent HSS to build and cultivate key relationships and community awareness of HSS Florida. S/he will develop and deepen relationships with high-level volunteers, leadership, and physicians. The Director is a collaborative fundraiser with a track record of closing major-level gifts, ideally within a multi-unit, fast-paced medical, scientific, and/or research-intensive environment. S/he will possess the stature, poise, intellectual agility, and interpersonal skills to work with Trustees, Council members, senior leadership, physicians and scientists, high-level volunteers, Development colleagues, grateful patients, and friends of HSS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of major gift prospects, including strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, solicitations, briefings, and gift negotiations.
- Write proposals; work with physicians/leadership on proposal development and presentations.
- Staff and drive a myriad of cultivation events, partnerships, and sponsorships with executive leadership and events team.
- Communicate program content and donor activity efficiently and effectively with executive leadership and development colleagues. Develop work flow and processes for working off site and meet key fundraising metrics.
- Staff Florida Advisory Council and Young Friends Council, serve as the Council members’ primary liaison to HSS.
- Manage and build Councils, including the recruitment, retention, and stewardship of Council leadership and membership. Facilitate Council’s effectiveness and successful growth by organizing and staffing Council engagement and meetings.
- Proactively stay abreast of capital, clinical, research, and administrative initiatives and needs in respective areas of responsibility and identify prospective donors for those needs.
- Provide comprehensive, strategic support to physicians and volunteers in donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of professional fundraising experience, preferably with a research, academic, or healthcare organization. Hospital/university experience is highly desirable.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Stature and intellectual depth, combined with the leadership and fundraising skills, to collaborate effectively with the leadership, physicians, colleagues, and staff in order to marshal the full fundraising potential of the major gifts donor constituency for HSS.
- Demonstrated record of successful solicitations, including the design and execution of the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies across the major giving spectrum.
- Capital campaign experience, ideally within a research-intensive institution, academic medical center, healthcare enterprise, or complex higher education institution.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented manager with entrepreneurial instincts, intellectual curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor. Poise, sophistication, and emotional maturity. Fearless diplomat.
- Collegial and collaborative team player that thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing environment;
- Superior interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop effective relationships with physicians, high-level volunteers, donors, prospects, senior administrators, and staff;
- Strong writing and presentation skills; excellent communication skills; the ability to solicit and understand complex medical and scientific information and then interpret, translate, and communicate this information to diverse constituencies in an effective and compelling manner;
- High energy and self-motivated, comfortable with risk and accepting of responsibility; a sense of humor and perspective;
- Commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and excellence;
- Experience in the Florida philanthropic marketplace is preferred
Senior Director, Business Development
HSS, the world leader in musculoskeletal health, is changing the way we reach and care for the musculoskeletal needs of consumers across the care continuum. We are seeking a Senior Director for an exciting opportunity to grow our strategic partnerships portfolio as the lead new business development team member of the Partnerships and Business Development team. In addition to partnerships that enable us to build new offerings and capabilities, we also work directly with corporate partners through our EmployerConnect program to demonstrate differentiated value, develop relationships and move partnerships through the pipeline. The position will be responsible for building a pipeline and closing new strategic partnerships as well as working with the VP of Strategic Partnerships & Strategy to further build out HSS’s offering portfolio to large employers and target partners.
New Business Development:
- Identify, develop and close new external partnerships with employers, payers, provider groups, and other large organizations strategic to HSS Vision and Roadmap
- Lead new business development relationships for EmployerConnect, with the objective of building formal relationships with aligned large employers every year
- Cultivate relationships with key decisionmakers and influencers from executive to operational levels and collaborate proactively to drive awareness and engagement of HSS programs
- Gather insights and quickly understand unmet need(s) of target partners
- Provide voice of the customer working as part of cross-functional team design and operationalize strategic partnerships
- Define, track and report out on metrics (e.g., pipeline/conversions)
Strategy Development & Execution:
- Work with leadership and BD team to develop, build and roll out the next generation of employer offerings
- Monitor industry trends, conduct competitive intelligence, and evaluate HSS’s market position relative to competing/adjacent services offered to employers and partners
- Incorporate partner feedback into offerings in iterative build-measure-learn approach
- Oversee development of internal/external materials around new partnerships and partner strategy including communications to board members, medical staff, and external audiences, working closely with the CEO, SVP and VP of Business Development and Strategy
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in management or health care
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise business development, and client relations, preferably in a healthcare environment partnering with and/or selling to self-insured employers, health plans and/or health systems
- 5+ years of management experience, developing / mentoring staff
- Experience and comfort level collaborating and working closely with senior-level executives and high-profile individuals
- Demonstrated track record of success with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Tenacity and relentless energy in developing solutions amidst ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with bias toward action
The HSS Business Development Director will report to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Strategy, HSS leadership team and its partner organizations.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with competitive compensation, a fast-paced environment and the invaluable experience gained from a world-class medical center.