The Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is seeking an experienced and hands-on Director of Client Services to provide leadership for the IT Project Management Office, Strategy and Budget. The Director will lead large and integrated transformation and technology projects within a hybrid project management structure and his/her responsibilities will be to:
- Provide leadership in ensuring that IT projects are delivered using project management standards and tools; on time, on budget and within scope.
- Collaborate closely with IT project managers and leadership to standardize project management approaches and project delivery.
- Design and implement methodologies for project and financial management for the IT department.
- Provide leadership to IT financial management and strategic planning.
- Lead the project management office, including the team of dedicated and disparate project management IT professionals
- Direct departmental budgeting efforts within the HSS budgeting cycle
- Design and implement forward thinking, flexible, and scalable project management and strategic planning roadmap
- Manage all aspects of the project management office, including direct management of the Growth and Expansion portfolio
- Establish partnerships with IT and organizational portfolio leadership and associated governance structures to enable on-time, on budget and within scope project
- Establish partnerships with Financial leadership to ensure budget compliance and collaborative financial planning and management
- Collaborate with senior IT leadership and operational leads to develop IT strategic plans aligned with organizational strategy and plans
- Establish the use cases for project management methodologies, including waterfall and agile processes
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the IT department regarding project management, financial management and IT strategic planning
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Computer Science or Engineering field required
- PMP certification required
- ITIL and Agile Certifications preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive management experience in Information Technology, including the management of large interdisciplinary healthcare projects and management of a project management office required
- Demonstrated experience with IT budgeting, financial management and strategic planning required
- Experience with EPIC required
- Experience with project management software, excel and project management tools required
- Demonstrated success in working in a hybrid project management structure, leading multiple teams from different disciplines, and the ability to manage internal expectations on project requirements and timelines
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to understand operational needs and design technology solutions aligned with business outcomes
- Self-motivated, creative, pro-active and consistently introducing innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, resolve conflicts and manage project plans while communicating IT concepts, issues and concerns with non-technical parties
- Strong oral, written and non-verbal communication skills as well as the ability to foster and enhance professional working relationships
- People-oriented, and energetic attitude; a positive team player focused on results