Patient Access Specialist
Patient Registration-Pre-Access Call Center
A highly visible customer service position that is responsible for the reception of patients, families, and health care providers. The Patient Access Specialist is an expert in areas of customer service, registration/scheduling, insurance, and HSS Standards of Care. Patient Access Specialist is expected to score in the top 5% of measureable categories within 6 months of hire.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients, visitors, and customers
- Obtain authorizations for surgical and radiology procedures.
- Verify insurance and obtain benefits
- Communicate with physician offices regarding status of authorizations.
- Respond to patient, visitor, and customer inquiries
- Obtain patient demographics, personal information, and medical history by interviewing patients.
- Collect payments for inpatient and ambulatory procedures
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Bachelors degree preferred; Diploma or equivalent with 3 years of experience
- Two years in a healthcare or related customer service field
- Spanish Bilingual required
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Displays positive attitudes towards assignments and others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages