The Outcomes Manager will strategically support the daily operational requirements to monitor, track and analyze the collection of cultural diversity related data collected by the Hospital, in alignment with required regulations, with the purpose of understanding the populations we serve, and providing the highest quality of care to all. Overall responsibilities are to provide monthly reports, and use best practice statistical analysis to stratify this data by meaningful clinical and patient experience outcomes, in collaboration with relevant departments. In addition, staff and patient education interventions will be essential elements of job responsibilities. The position reports to the Assistant Director, Community Engagement, Diversity, and Research.
- Monitor, track and analyze data using appropriate statistical software for the effective implementation of the collection of Race, Ethnicity, and Preferred Language (REL) and sexual orientation and gender identity data (SOGI) in each hospital service area
- Provide monthly reports related to REL, and SOGI data and specific demographic information
- Employ best practice statistical analysis to stratify above by specific clinical and patient experience outcomes
- Develop, initiate, coordinate, and implement specific educational interventions to support the training of employees (pre-access, registration, physician offices, regional markets) to effectively respond to the needs of diverse populations
- Assist in creating bilingual educational resources (for example, on shared decision making, patient-doctor communication) in appropriate languages and health literacy levels) to communicate to patients and staff about various initiatives to assess and address diverse population needs, as well as community benefit and community service program initiatives and collaborations
- Perform gaps analyses and implement evidence based interventions across the institution to promote equitable patient care
- With Assistant Director’s leadership, collaborate with national organizations to stay current on industry knowledge and regulations related to the scope of the work.
- MPH degree required; MPH, LMSW degree preferred
- Familiarity with SPSS, and other statistical analysis software
- A minimum of 3+ years of quantitative health-related research outcomes analysis and report production
- Excellent interpersonal/presentation and writing skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized individual with outstanding team building/organizational skills in a fast-paced, multi-task, academic hospital environment
- A critical thinker committed to data analysis and addressing results by appropriate real-time interventions, such as education and training initiatives
- Passion and dedication to enhancing the highest quality of care to serve diverse communities