Hospital for Special Surgery offers an exciting opportunity for experienced Ambulatory Surgery OR nurses, at our new, offsite Ambulatory Surgery Center. Located on the West Side of Manhattan, it is currently under construction, and is scheduled to open in January of 2019 as a state-of-the art, orthopedic ASC with growth to four operating rooms.
The Patient Care Director is responsible and accountable for the clinical and management functions of the patient care unit on a 24 hour basis. Unit responsibilities include setting of goal and objectives in accordance with the HSS strategic initiatives, as well as planning, organizing, directing and monitoring unit activities. The Patient Care Director is fiscally responsible for unit, facilitating efficient and cost effective daily operations. The Patient Care Director manages and evaluates unit performance and effectiveness of staff with establishing an environment where both staff and patients are able to reach their full potential. The Patient Care Director leads and coordinates unit activities to assure optimal and appropriate care for all age groups in the unit specific population, consistent with the philosophy and goals of the Nursing Department and Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Ensure clinical and cultural competence of staff
- Promote employee engagement and collegiality
- Deliver outstanding customer service and safe patient outcomes
- Optimize departmental operations and resources; be fiscally astute
- Establish/enhance processes & procedures to optimize patient care within an outpatient setting
- Assess and improve patient through-put from intake through discharge
- Utilize analytics to benchmark process improvement and quality outcomes
- An understanding of Magnet Nursing principles and the ability to operationalize them
- Maintain cultural and diversity appreciation when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing required
- Minimum 5 years of operating room experience with orthopedic, sports medicine experience preferred
- Must have experience working in an Ambulatory Surgery Center
- NYS RN license and registration required
- BLS and ACLS certification required
- HCAHPS/EPIC/AAAHC accreditation standards knowledge preferred
- CNOR preferred
- Your scope of duties will include O.R. clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
- Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Active participant in seeking solutions to problems