Business Intelligence Developer
At Hospital for Special Surgery our clinicians and scientists collaborate to deliver the most innovative care. Our specialized focus on orthopedics and rheumatology enables us to help patients get back to what they need and love to do reliably and efficiently. Our patients are overwhelmingly satisfied with the care they receive at our facilities. When you join us, you will become part of this legacy of commitment to the most cutting edge research and coordinated care.
The Business Intelligence Developer will primarily be responsible for the development and deployment of data warehousing solutions and Business Intelligence applications. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the field of analytics and well versed in all aspects of an enterprise-wide analytics architecture including data integration, data modeling, and master data management.
- Design, build, and support all components of a data warehouse, such as ETL processes, databases and reporting environments
- Develop and maintain business intelligence applications including operational reports, dashboards, scorecards, and ad hoc reporting requests
- Develop and automate ETL processes that involve error and reconciliation handling, utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business processes
- Utilize SAP Business Objects in designing and building the reporting environment
- Create processes for capturing and maintaining metadata
- Create system documentation and ensure it is continually sustained.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience, health care industry experience (preferred)
- 3+ years working with RDBMS (i.e. SQL Server)
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing with designing multi-layered data warehouses and data marts using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques
- 2+ years of experience in integrating data both at logical & physical levels
- 2+ years of ETL (SSIS) experience
- 2+ years of Report/Dashboard Visualization experience (e.g. Tableau)
- Programing experience preferred (C#, Java)
- Expertise in query optimization techniques
- Proven experience consolidating disparate data sets into usable data
- Experience with SAP tools, WebI and Universe Designer
- Certification in one or more of the Clarity data models (Optime, Anesthesia, Inpatient)
- Certification in Epic applications an added plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Elements of a Successful Candidate
- Self-motivated, creative and innately curious about the world of technology and consistently introducing innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to monitor and synthesize data, identify trends and insights and make recommendations based on rational thinking.
- Self-motivated people-oriented and energetic attitude; a positive team player who is analytical and focused on results.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and ability to interface with a diverse, multi-cultural population; diplomatic and discreet; socially, culturally and politically astute.
- Committed to improving quality and service and maintaining a spirit of cooperation and respect.