Position Description: Program Associate - Charla de Lupus(Lupus Chat)®, Community Service Plan
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder that can affecting the immune system. The Charla de Lupus( Lupus Chat)® program is a national support and education program targeted to meet the needs of culturally diverse communities with lupus with an emphasis on Spanish –speaking communities. The Program Associate for the Charla Program plays an integral role in the development of needs assessment tools, implementation of best practice interventions and outcomes evaluation process regarding the Hospital’s Community Service Plan(CSP) for the New York State Department of Health.
A particular focus of the program associate’s role is on the development of strategies to engage community based organizations as partners, to identify and address health disparities affecting our target populations. In addition, the program associate will work in close collaboration with the program manager and the rest of the Charla team assisting with daily program operations.
- Provide ongoing coordination of internal and external partnership communication among, the CSP Advisory Board, collaborators, community partners, health team, SW Programs Staff and clients.
- Assist with the development of needs assessments research, progress reports, data collection and outreach initiatives to meet the CSP goals.
- Help to identify best practices and validated tools to assess risk behaviors in our target population as well as identifies barriers, gaps, and evidence-based strategies to address public health issues relevant to our target population as an integral component of the CSP.
- Maintains database to capture referrals, adherence to interventions and monitor outcomes.
- Take a leadership role in structuring new elements required for our ongoing CSP plan spanning 3 years and participates in bilingual (English/Spanish) CSP educational program interventions.
- Provide needed programmatic coverage and support for the on-going Charla de Lupus(Lupus Chat)® Program Perform needed administrative and client intervention tasks for the Charla program, for example directly reaching out to our lupus population to plan programs, coordinate with guest speakers, insure participation by program members and community partners.
- Provide task supervision to Charla Program Peer Health Educator volunteers to meet the needs of the Charla Program, and CSP goals.
- Assist in providing extended education and support to clients with lupus and/or family members, with an emphasis on reaching Spanish speaking clients, as it related to CSP, program activities and Charla program services. Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or related fields
- Minimum of 2-3 years post degree experience preferably in a health care settings with culturally diverse communities and chronic illness
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Highly motivated to work independently in multiple hospital and community settings
- Exceptional interdisciplinary team building skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English/Spanish and be highly organized
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, client oriented environment is a must
- Highly committed to professional self-development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is essential