Application Security Analyst
The Epic Security Analyst must understand Epic’s security infrastructure and possess in-depth knowledge of user provisioning techniques. The Security Analyst will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Epic Security team. The analyst will also be expected to maintain the Epic SER (Provider) database. He/she will work with members of the Users and Security Workgroup, the Provider (SER) Workgroup, Epic Project Teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end-users to tailor the system to fit the organizations’ needs, fulfilling Epic security requests, monitoring of client activity and analyzing and troubleshooting security issues, often under stressful conditions. The position reports to the Epic Security Manager but the Security Analyst may also be called upon to help with other security related tasks, so a working knowledge of both Epic security and general security issues would be highly recommended.
The Epic Security Analyst routinely performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, audits, and other technical issues associated with the use of EPIC software; is responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications, and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions. The Epic Security Analyst is expected to use critical thinking skills in providing systems solutions to meet business needs.
- Timely processing of various Epic user provisioning requests
- Under the supervision of the Epic Security Manager, participate in the activities of the Epic Users and Security / SER (Provider) Workgroup
- Facilities Security/SER-related meetings.
- Perform timely processing of various Epic system access requests
- Assist in special projects, such as application go-lives, upgrades, enhancements, etc. Help IT staff as necessary migrate data from the various environments within Epic using standard utilities
- Assist with Epic upgrade planning and testing
- Maintain Nova Projects
- Collaborate with the various Epic teams to ensure system security and integrity.
- Maintain competency by participating in continuing education and seminars specific to job responsibilities.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum two years IT security experience required, Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Must have the following current Epic certifications: Security Coordinator, Chronicles Install Utilities, Data Courier Administrator
- Must be detail-oriented; possess accurate data-entry and follow-up skills
- Must be able to communicate and interact extremely well with all levels within the HSS organization
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, and must be able to think independently. This position requires a person who is a self-starter and can perform the job without consistent guidance.
- Must be a team player
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite – especially Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Working knowledge of Epic’s Sherlock and Nova applications
- Position requires a flexible work schedule, including night and weekend support of major implementations/upgrades and on-call rotation.