Senior Analyst, IT
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experience IT professional to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Epic System’s Radiant module. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Radiant Analyst will attain specialized knowledge of enterprise Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, physician’s offices and Epic representatives.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Actively work on all aspects of the Radiant implementation. Support and maintain Tracemaster, Epiphany, Arthrex Synergy and Stryker Studio3.
- Coordinate and communicate with Radiology and Cardiology personnel, including managers, and representatives from other clinical/business entities
- Coordinate with business users for design, implementation and support of the system.
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use
- Develop product content (build all necessary codes/databases/rules/functions) for each implementation
- Prioritize and implement system change requests; coordinate software updates and changes with end-users
- Ensure test scripts are created, reviewed and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Epic personnel using Sherlock or other appropriate tools
- Develop relationships, trust, and credibility to successfully manage multiple demands; maintain daily communications with Epic users
- Review software, analyze business operations and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s needs
- Thoroughly review and test each new release and enhancement; perform system configuration and database setup according to practice/software requirements
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues
- Remain current on Epic technologies and obtain certification in Epic applications as warranted
- Facilitating IT Radiology team communication to close any gaps as well as managing the implementation needs across various application teams.
- Coordinating with training team to ensure end-user comfort and happiness with functionality and tools.
- Take initiative to complete work, solve problems in a timely manner and communicate issues and suggested efficiencies.
- Work independently and provide status updates on assigned duties.
- Promote teamwork and collaborate with application analysts, technical resources and others as required to get the job done.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analyze data and understand process flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Epic Radiant certified
- Capable of resolving issues through innovative problem solving and solution development tactics
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and pragmatic; a team player who is analytical and solution-focused while meeting deadlines
- Flexibility with work schedule and capable of working extended hours to accommodate clinical users, project needs and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office including MS Project and MS Visio etc.
- Work on several key projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all members of the organization
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Proactive and adept at learning processes and applications
- Resourceful and able to apply knowledge to projects and create efficiencies to meet project deadlines
- Able to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones and issues
- Must feel comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- Possess a commitment to quality improvement and high end user satisfaction