The Associate Director will report to the Sr. Director of Decision Support. He/she will also work closely with the Vice President of Budget, key members of Finance management, and senior leadership and management throughout HSS.
The Associate Director will assist in the operations of the decision support system, Strata Decision Technology, and help direct and guide all processes and initiatives related to decision support operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages, prioritizes, and coordinates organization-wide decision support initiatives to align with the strategic goals of the Hospital.
- Assists with the rollout of our recently implemented cost variation tool.
- Enhances the cost model through physician costing.
- Work with supply chain to ensure accurate pricing is captured and appropriately allocated.
- Assist with auditing our contract management system in Strata and enhance our existing revenue analytics.
- Build upon existing dashboards to highlight various key indicators around the Hospital.
- Provide training and assistance to analysts and customers as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance/business/public health or other relevant specialty is required. MBA, MPH, or other advanced degrees are desirable, but not required.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Solid experience (7+ years) of hospital experience is required. Experience in a successful, dynamic and growing organization is highly desirable.
- Experience with Strata Decision Technology products is preferred but not required.
- Must have knowledge of hospital financial accounting concepts.
- Technology and system savvy. Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Capable of quickly gaining a strong understanding of the operations and finances of the hospital.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Experience resolving issues through innovative problem solving and solution development.
- Possesses a continuous-improvement mind-set. Tackles challenges and issues with a fresh approach; is creative and thinks “out of the box.”
- Detailed, thorough, well organized and disciplined, with the ability to proactively manage multiple priorities/projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; good listening capability; skilled at clearly and concisely communicating with all constituencies; can structure and effectively lead business meetings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization.
- Highly confident, results-driven person. Focused on achieving the goals of the organization.
- Unquestionable personal integrity. Exudes credibility and professionalism. Very likeable. Quickly builds confidence in others. Team player and understands his/her role in relationship to others.
- A highly committed individual, with the necessary drive and stamina to respond to the demands of the institution and work collaboratively to achieve results.
The compensation and comprehensive benefit package is competitive.