Coordinator - Ambassador Services
The Ambassador Services Referral Coordinator is dedicated to facilitating access and providing excellent customer service for referral sources to Hospital for Special Surgery.
The coordinator will be part of a team dedicated to the excellence of the patient accommodative experience and will report to the Ambassador Services Manager. The Coordinator will represent the institution and help implement its strategic goals by role-modeling its patient experience philosophy.
- Fields incoming patient calls/emails from referral sources/corporations requesting appointments.
- Appointment scheduling
- Collects comprehensive demographic data and patients’ health information.
- Develops trusting and supportive relationships with physician office managers.
- Data entry and maintenance for all assigned patients; report and trend analysis.
- Adjusts to changing situations and work assignments.
- Department phone management.
- Ability to work with a variety of software programs specific to healthcare.
- Identify patterns and trends that may result and report out
- Minimum of one year customer service experience in hospitality or healthcare setting, or the equivalent of in a related field or program.
- Excellent time-management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with an emphasis on listening to the patients’ request.
- Pleasant and amicable character and ability to develop relationships with every patient type.
- Utmost respect for patient privacy and confidentiality (the successful candidate will comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Clinical background preferred