Clinical Eduaction Specialist
As an integral member of our Magnet Nursing team, your focus will be - the delivery of the world's best patient care! The Clinical Educational Specialist serves as a clinical expert and educational resource for all levels of nursing staff. Provides support to leadership through regular feedback obtained during observation of clinical practice and interaction with all levels of nursing staff. Works collaboratively with other clinical disciplines to design, implement and evaluate evidence based interventions.
- Assesses the learning needs of nurses through the evaluation of nursing care.
- Serves as change agent by implementing planned changes associated with innovative clinical practices.
- Facilitates the development of education programs that respond to patient/family needs and health care trends.
- Act as an instructor/mentor for nurse residents to support their transition to independent practice.
- Develop, maintain, and interpret standards of nursing practice based on clinical evidence adapted for practice at HSS.
- Collaborate with healthcare team to /institute/implement therapeutic plan of care for selected patients/family situations.
- MSN Required from an accredited school of nursing
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Current NY State registration, license required
- Board certificated in an area of expertise required
- BLS card required
- Strong patient centered approach with a strong emphasis on providing exemplary, world-class customer service
- Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment.