Patient Access Manager
Hospital for Special Surgery is seeking an experienced Manger of Pre-Access to be responsible for the daily supervision of the Pre-Access Call Center Department. The successful candidate will support the Assistant Director to maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance. The Manager will be responsible for daily operations and performance improvement of all staff through effective training and quality management.
- Oversee daily operations of Pre-Access Call Center Team,
- Monitor daily genesys phone stats and maintain daily average speed to answer rate of 45 seconds.
- Manage and monitor workqueue volumes related to the pre-access department.
- Manage and build schedule templates within Epic.
- Monitor staff daily productivity.
- Help implement workflows to improve and streamline process.
- Strive for an exceptional patient and provider office experience as they interact with the pre-access team
- Maintain and deliver timely performance scorecards, for quality and production, to all staff on a weekly basis. and ensure perpetual performance management with each staff member throughout the year
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of Scheduling, Pre-Registration, and Authorization, referrals and WQ management within Epic
- Familiarity with health insurances and medical terminology
- Demonstrated experience defining, leading and inspiring teams committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel)
- Epic Credentialed preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and pragmatic; a team player who is analytical and solution-focused
- Superior oral, written and non-verbal communication skills; ability to forge and maintain strong professional relationships
- Ability to lead meetings, prioritize issues, resolve conflicts, manage project plan and communicate with all levels of the organization