The Assistant Director of Patient Accounts (Specialty Billing), oversees the day to day operation of our Contracted Corporate Accounts, Sports teams, SA 20, SA 50X ( Off-site locations) and IP denial rep follow-up. These unique locations require an in depth knowledge of hospital billing with a familiarity in 1500 billing. The position is also responsible for facilitating our internal Gallup program.
Position reports to the Director of Patient Accounts.
- Over sees the staff responsible for the daily billing, collections and cash posting for our off-site rehab locations.
- Oversee the staff responsible for the daily billing and handling of contracted corporate, sports and bundle payment accounts.
- Communicates with the Hospital Rehab department determine accounts that are ready for collections.
- Resolve executive level patient complaints
- Prepares and reviews monthly reports with the Director of PFS on a routine basis.
- Presents opportunities for process flow improvement between areas of responsibility and IT.
- Ensure timely filing of Medicare 855B applications.
- Perform and report on weekly productivity metrics.
- Assist the International Center with PFS related inquires.
- Responsible for department Gallup program.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years directly managing staff as it related to a hospital receivable
- Experience with hospital billing, follow up, and cash posting required; Epic experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements for all insurance carriers