The Clinical Radiology Informatics Leader will assist with the development of all Radiology Information Systems.
S/he will be a key interface with IT, nursing staff, physicians, hospital leadership, technologists, and other members of the institution as they go about analyzing, improving, and automating clinical workflows in Radiology.
Responsible for the success of Radiology Clinical Readiness for all software applications in the patient setting.
S/he will support a shared leadership philosophy and advance the professional practice model for patient care services, thereby ensuring that all clinical information system implementations are consistent with current standards of practice.
The Clinical Radiology Informatics Leader will report to the Associate Director of Radiology IT.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an extensive understanding of the institution, its strategy and mission, and the Patient Care Services strategic plan and priorities.
- Work as a collaborative member of the PACS Team, know enough about each members responsibilities so S/he can help answer questions or fill in for PACS Team member
- Support IT in managing change requests, i.e., break fix, a work effort, enhancement
- Participate in interdisciplinary and process-improvement teams to identify new uses of the EHR system and necessary improvements in areas where it is currently being used; identify areas in which there is a high risk for problems/errors.
- Establish a baseline by working with application managers, directors, and the entire project team to collect, analyze, and document business operations and workflows in the specified clinical area(s).
- Work with radiology management to update or revise organizational policies and procedures that are impacted by new applications.
- Prepare downtime procedures in advance of testing and go-live phases.
- Act as a liaison between clinical staff and IT during the testing and go-live phases of new applications; ensure that recommendations of clinical staff are incorporated into the final design.
- Assist IT and/or clinical educators in the creation of training programs/materials for clinical users; create role-based training modules that incorporate system training and workflow training and address impacts on user groups.
- Provide guidance and support to clinical staff in Radiology.
- Recommend changes and/or additional training and other activities to achieve optimization of new applications; facilitate clinical transformation activities required to maximize Radiology utilization and satisfaction.
- Participate in committees/work groups to coordinate and communicate projects related to clinical informatics, as needed.
- Attend EPIC training, as required.
- Stay current on the knowledge and competencies that reflect current clinical informatics best practices and incorporate appropriate best practices into all applications in Radiology
- Ensure that the end results are in accordance with HSS Radiology practice standards, government regulations, and standards set by national accrediting organizations.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- NYS licensed registered Technologist is required.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical radiology experience is required.
- Hospital-based experience in implementation and support of clinical IT projects, particularly EPIC, is highly desired.
- Capable of tracking and monitoring data, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvement based on rational thinking and data.
- Excellent communication skills; good listening capability; skilled at influencing a variety of people. Calm under pressure.
- Technology and system savvy; good understanding of EHR systems; excellent MS Office capability (Word, Visio, Access, Excel, Project. PowerPoint); good working knowledge of reports.
- Well organized and disciplined, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects; excellent project management capability; can lead teams and business initiatives effectively to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal stakeholders and creating partnerships; highly collaborative.
- A highly confident, committed, and mature individual; unquestionable personal integrity; exudes credibility and professionalism.