Reporting to the Office Manager, the Secretary will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Education & Academic Affairs division and the Professional Education department, in particular, including the scheduling of meetings, providing customer service support to eAcademy users and other learners, inputting registration and data, and supporting on-site programs, Alumni initiatives and events.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
Education & Academic Affairs Division Support
- Answer phones and greet visitors at front desk
- Pick up/drop off mail/Federal Express
- Manage office electronic equipment (i.e., copier, office printers, fax machine, etc.)
- Maintain office appearance (i.e., waiting area, conference room, staff refrigerators, etc.)
- Maintain calendars for two Assistant Vice Presidents
- Provide backup to the Office Manager for check requests and other related financial duties (i.e., pick up payroll sheets, cash, p/c vouchers)
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned or requested
Professional Education Support
- Represent the Professional Education team when speaking with potential activity participants, as well as HSS and guest faculty offices
- Schedule planning and other meetings to further the work of the Professional Education team
- Provide assistance to Senior Coordinators by preparing check requests, providing customer service, providing CME certificates, collecting data and paperwork and entering information into professional education database
- Provide CME Transcripts as requested.
- Provide support for onsite professional education activities either at HSS or at off-site locations, as needed, as well as other pre-activity responsibilities such as preparation of course materials.
- Provide support for the Alumni Affairs Association by
- Maintaining and updating accurate contact information and professional details
- Processing annual alumni dues and fund contributions
- Maintaining Caspary Estate schedule; processing reservation payments; administering guest satisfaction surveys; and providing annual utilization reports
- Scheduling Alumni-related committee meetings
- Responding to alumni inquiries
- Compiling content for Alumni News magazine
- Assist with additional Professional Education projects as requested.
The qualified candidate will possess strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, as well as strict attention to detail. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online survey management tools and other computer software programs required. Experience communicating with executive management. Ability to manage simultaneous projects with varying deadlines. Familiarity with healthcare academia highly desirable, as well as knowledge/experience in a CME accredited setting. Bachelor’s degree required, or two to three years’ experience in a related field.