Reporting to the Senior Director of Education & Academic Affairs, the Assistant Director of Graduate Medical Education (GME) will have primary responsibility for assuring that accreditation and compliance policies and procedures are effectively followed for all ACGME accredited training programs, and that non accredited programs are held to the same standards internally. The Assistant Director works closely with the Senior Director to manage the overall operations of the department. The Assistant Director will act as the GME Team leader for the Department and will be responsible for supervising the GME Coordinator, GME Fellowship Coordinator and Staff Secretary.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
GME, Accreditation and Compliance Process
- Monitors and tracks the accreditation activities of the sponsoring institution and programs to ensure strict compliance with the ACGME Institutional Requirements, Common Program Requirements, and program-specific Review Committee (RC) Program Requirements, including coordinating Annual Program Evaluations and Special Review Evaluations of all programs.
- Collaborating with the Program Directors, Program Coordinators and Academic Training Department Staff to prepare for accreditation site and ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) visits.
- Developing a proficient knowledge of the ACGME Next Accreditation System to orient Academic Training and service based staff on new processes as they become available.
- Supporting the GME Council including agendas, minutes and communication to Program Directors.
- Managing the Accreditation Data System (ADS) and provide high-level support to the Program Directors and Program Coordinators.
- Analyzes and presents program and institutional data for continuous quality improvement of programs and the institution.
- Maintains institutional master agreements and program letters of agreement (PLA).
- Serves as a mentor and Graduate Medical Education expert and maintains compliance with ACGME, local, federal and organizational standards.
- Supervises GME Coordinator and GME Fellowship Coordinator in the Academic Training Department.
Faculty Assessment & Development
- Works with the Director of Academic Training and the Faculty Appraisal Committee to prepare summative Faculty Evaluations from trainees.
- Coordinates Peer to Peer Faculty Education opportunities.
Overall Operations of the Department
- Collaborates on operational and strategic initiatives
- Works with the Senior Director to integrate outcomes measures to further enhance HSS Graduate Education Programs
- Implements Teams within the department to encourage collaboration and lateral communication
- Assists the Senior Director in budgeting and tracking expenses for the Department, monitors progress, and recommends cost saving measures while achieving the programmatic outcomes.
- Assesses educational needs and supports staff with development plans.
- Provides administrative and supervisory support to Senior Director as needed
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated leadership experience (i.e. leading projects and/or teams)
- 3-5 years supervisory and managerial experience
- Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration, Public Health, Health Care Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration or an approved related program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Access
- 3-5 Years experience in a Health Care Administrative setting
- 5 years experience in Graduate, Undergraduate or Continuing Medical Education.