Under general direction of the Manager of Server Administration, The Storage Administrator will be responsible for SAN continuity and peak performance while simultaneously retaining reliability and scalability of the enterprise-grade storage at Hospital for Special Surgery. This position will provide support to client's in-house data on the SAN. It requires an expertise in storage solution design. They must also have experience in and be capable of implementing tiered storage and connectivity. Also, the individual must have experience in and be capable of providing support for a virtualized environment. This includes providing documentation and reports to client's management of failures and alerts occurring on the system. The Storage Administrator will be required to maintain updates and patches on the system.
- Solid Understanding of infrastructure, networking and storage technologies working with SAN (including configuring new hosts, setting up LUNs, migrating to new storage solutions, and replication to DR site) , Windows Server, Active Directory Administration, Windows Terminal Services/Citrix, VMWare, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, IIS, SCCM & SCOM
- Experience with capacity planning within the SAN environment.
- Experience with performance analysis within the SAN environment.
- Experience working with SAN Switches.
- Expert troubleshooting abilities.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technologies including Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced with virtual machine technology and topologies.
- Experience with backup and recovery.
- Understanding of operational and support processes and best practices.
- Desire to stay up to date on technologies and best practices.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and during emergencies.
- Monitoring network and server operations.
- Provisioning and troubleshooting virtual machines.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
EDUCATION - Required
- BA in computer science/information technology (or equivalent experience)
- Certification/Licensure Requirements EXPERIENCE – Required: Certified Microsoft Certified professional (MCP) or equivalent.
- Minimum Years of Experience Type of Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, support and maintenance of PC systems, software, networks, and related hardware.
Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.