ACCOUNTABILITY: We seek an experienced, healthcare business professional to direct and oversee the operations, patient experience and physician support structure of the Rheumatology, Perioperative Medicine, Endocrinology, and Infectious Disease Divisions of the Department of Medicine, as well as the Osteoporosis Center.
REPORTABILITY: To the Senior Director, Department of Medicine
- Oversight for the daily operations and critical business functions for physician practices and Rheumatology clinic
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures and policies and procedures for physician practices
- Manages four supervisors within the Department to ensure staff receives proper guidance and direction in providing optimal, efficient, and cost-effective patient care.
- Develops performance standards for staff and reviews/modifies evaluation tools. Works with physicians to ensure their understanding and engagement of Departmental performance standards.
- Guides and directs the hiring, training, retention, discipline and termination of staff
- Ensures that annual performance evaluations are completed on all staff, that performance development plans are created and monitored when necessary, and that annual goals are established
- Collaborates with the Senior Director, Physician in Chief, and Chief of Perioperative Services to set priorities for the Department of Medicine
- Strategizes with the Senior Director on way to improve patient access to the Department of Medicine
- Collaborates with the Senior Director to develop process improvement and action plans in response to identified problems, situations, incidents, and complaints utilizing Press Ganey, RL Solutions, Culture of Safety Survey, and the Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Works with co-chairs of the Practice Effectiveness Committee to enhance workflow and patient throughput, monitors and evaluates implementation of best practices.
- Identifies opportunities for educational programs and in-services for staff and ensures staff competencies are maintained
- Coordinates monthly staff meeting and ensures that appropriate and relevant information is disseminated to staff through this and other forums including email
- Sets agenda and lead’s weekly supervisor team meeting and ensures follow through of meeting takeaways
- Strategizes to develop annual physician coverage schedules (weekend, holiday, block, RheumStat, MediStat) for Rheumatology and Perioperative Medicine that ensures patient safety
- Represent Department of Medicine on variety of hospital committees and initiatives
- Participates in and serves as co-chair in the absence of the Senior Director on Department of Medicine committees including Clinical Operations, Practice Effectiveness, HBP, and others
- Serves as a professional and leadership role model to staff in a medical physician practice management demonstrating operational expertise
- Oversees and coordinates office renovation and relocation projects with special attention for all newly onboarding physicians and transitioning staff
- Collaborates with team members and other key clinical stakeholders (nursing, social work, etc) to investigate all patient inquiries and concerns. Ensures that these are handled appropriately including consistent messaging and implements any relevant changes to practice operations. Works in collaboration with service excellence and other service departments on responses, reports, and documents outcomes.
- Coordinates and works in tandem with Physician Practice Management staff on activities related to physician contract renewals, physician on-call payments, physician reimbursements and physician billing
- Assists with the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, manages approved invoices for payments, initiates and maintains POs, and monitors monthly expenses. Performs analysis to explain monthly budge variances.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree highly preferred in a health-related field
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a liek environment
- Will consider experience of progressive levels of supervision/management in lieu of Master’s degree
- Insightful knowledge of practice management/health care administration highly desirable
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to develop and maintain cordial, professional and productive relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, proficiency in leading meetings and committees