Full TIme Medical Secretary
Dr. Brett Toresdahl
Hospital for Special Surgery #1 in Orthopedic for the last 6 years is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Full Time Medical Secretary for one of our physician offices. Dr. Brett Toresdahl specializes in Primary Care Sports Medicine and is the Research Director for the HSS Primary Care Sports Medicine Service.
In this role you will provide comprehensive administrative support and direction to an HSS physician practice, overseeing day-to-day operations, and contributing to an environment of clinical excellence.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment
- Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, required
- Familiarity with medical terminology and general office protocol required.
- The ability to type 45-60 words per minute and exceptional organizational strengths is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred) and at least two years of related MD office/healthcare experience.