- Design and execute experimental procedures/protocols in research involving cell and molecular biology techniques, tissue culture, histology and immunological assay, and fluorescence microscopy, related to translational as well as animal model systems.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on experimental data to the Principal Investigator on a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records and databases of all laboratory work and experiments.
- Apply standard scientific protocols to experiments, research and improve current methods, and develop, set-up, and verify new procedures in the laboratory.
- Independently reproduce, evaluate, and improve techniques currently used. Adapt new methods to existing procedures and modify current experiments through scientific knowledge and intuition.
- Standardize and establish new published procedures; evaluate innovative techniques. Develop new assays and new protocols for research.
- Troubleshoot and correct erroneous results or problems with laboratory equipment. Maintain and follow up repair of equipment as and when required; monitor proper use by personnel.
- Maintain optimal protocol and assay accuracy by conducting regular quality and reproducibility checks.
- Discuss relevant insights about experimental results with Principal Investigator, and provide useful recommendations for improvement and analysis.
- Draft, write, and edit scientific papers, journal articles, abstracts and progress reports.
- Assist with preparation of manuscripts, presentations, grant proposals and other written documents
- Maintain an integral role in the laboratory's meetings, departmental seminars, presentations, and publications.
- Organization, and recording of research material inventory, and placing order for research reagent in a timely manner
- Maintenance of research model system and reagents.
- Ensure that work areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment.
- Completion of all trainings related to work in a timely manner, including C14, animal usage, handling hazardous material, laboratory safety.
- Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE: Ph.D. in Neurobiology, Developmental Biology, Genetics, Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related filed in biological sciences with at least three years of Postdoctoral experience is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, supervisory ability, and an innovative approach to experimental design.
- Technical proficiency and ability to work independently.
- Proficient use of computers and software.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Mathematical ability to perform algebraic calculations and statistical analysis.
- Express willingness to teach others and share results.
- Capable of meeting time demands necessary to execute experiments.