How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
Oversees data collection and entry; performs data analysis; drafts scientific research abstracts for presentation; drafts scientific research manuscripts for publication. Studies will include retrospective trials, outcomes trials, non-interventional trials and low risk interventional trials.
PROJECT TOPICS (non-exhaustive list)
Peripheral nerve imaging techniques
Brachial plexus imaging anatomy and pathology
Imaging of nerve repair
Shear wave elastography in the musculoskeletal system
Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal intervention
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages data collection specific to research studies including but not limited to the performance of observational measurements for low risk studies, collection of clinical data from patients directly, and manage the performance of all other duties as put forth in the protocol. This includes the supervision of multidisciplinary teams involved in the successful conduct of the study.
- Compiles and assists in final analyses of data in preparation for presentation (scientific society meetings, sponsor/regulatory agency) with guidance from the study investigator.
- Prepare draft research manuscripts for publication, under the guidance of the study investigator.
- Oversees and conducts the informed consent process on low risk studies (requires appropriate training and certification of human research subjects training).
- Spearhead efforts to meet patient enrollment targets related to independent research studies. To that end, develops and implements various recruitment strategies.
- Under supervision from a clinical research coordinator or Sr. clinical research coordinator, manages and executes IRB submissions for initial approvals, reapprovals, amendments, etc ... Ensures timeliness and accuracy of submissions and no lapses in approvals for the study.
- Assists the study investigator in departmental audits as well as external audits performed by representatives of the sponsor for each clinical research project they manage. Consults with HSS internal monitor for guidance on these activities.
- Collaborates with research administration, as needed, to ensure that research subjects are treated in accordance with all mandated requirements. Ensures that standards regarding subject registration, protocol specific tests, and required documentation are adhered to. Reports deviations as appropriate and resolves issues when possible. Escalates issues to supervisor as needed.
- Maintains and enhances professional growth through participation in seminars, professional affiliations, and internal training sessions to keep abreast of trends in the field of research data management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education/Training: 1-2 years experience in clinical research
Experience: Proficient use of computers and basic research software
Scientific background with knowledge of orthopaedic and/or
radiologic terminology is a plus.