How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive, and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
IT Instructional Designer (Prescriber Educator)
The IT Instructional Designer role facilitates training for Hospital for Special Surgery’s employees for the assigned applications within the Epic electronic medical record system and other hospital systems. In addition to providing instructor-led classroom training the Instructional Designer develops various curricula, both traditional and e-learning, taking a blended approach to address new hire, optimization, and efficiency training needs. The IT Instructional Designer for prescriber educator team also serves as a performance consultant for prescriber stakeholders to enable the achievement of individual, departmental, and organizational goals. Job may require some travel within the HSS campus, including offsite, regional centers.
This is an exciting and dynamic role that supports HSS’ growth and strategic plan by enabling clinicians (Prescribers, Surgeons, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Fellows, and Residents) to leverage the power and efficiency of our integrated electronic medical record platform.
- Assists in the design and implementation of a training strategy and training plan for the assigned Epic and other ancillary applications/systems.
- Instructional Designer for Epic Inpatient and EpicCare Outpatient applications.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to identify and document functional requirements, workflows, and policies to form the composite of training curriculum and content by role.
- Partners with the business and IT stakeholders, and informatics, on course material development to ensure policies, procedures, and system functionality are accurately reflected.
- Assists prescriber and other users with the personalization of Epic’s system.
- Develops e-learning courses modules using e-learning authoring software (Adobe Captivate, Camtasia).
- Develops classroom curricula (e.g., PowerPoint Presentations, Exercise Booklets, Quick Reference Guides/Tip Sheets, etc.) applying instructional design methodologies.
- Builds and maintains Learning Home Dashboards.
- Assigns training materials to be completed by staff for new hire, efficiency, and optimization training.
- Provides classroom training to end users of assigned application(s).
- Schedules course offerings with new employee orientation and other major events, including new go-lives and version upgrades.
- Assesses the efficacy of training programs by administering end user proficiency assessments, and surveying learners with 30- and 60-day post-training evaluations.
- Builds, tests, and maintains the master training environment (MST) for the assigned Epic application(s).
- Reviews and tests system changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned to ensure training materials and the MST environment remain updated.
- Maintains training documentation by versioning, organizing, and publishing materials across several platforms which include the Learning Management System (LMS), education intranet site, Learning Homes, IT training shared drive and SharePoint.
- Leads the Epic Experts (Super Users) program for their assigned application(s) by communicating system changes, workflow enhancements, and new training documentation in monthly Expert group meetings.
- Prioritizes, escalates, and resolves incidents and support requests via Cherwell Ticketing System in a timely fashion and to end user satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.