Manager, Clinical Research Education and Communications
The HSS Clinical Research Administration (CRA) provides centralized services to foster and ensure safe, compliant and scientifically valuable patient-oriented research. CRA provides support to facilitate all functions of clinical research from study design and conception through final contract, IRB approval, study execution, and closeout. The Manager for Clinical Research Education and Communications will work closely with the Director of Clinical Research Operations to create and facilitate educational and training programing for the HSS research community; and manage and drive communication initiatives that will engage internal and external stakeholders. This manager will be working on behalf of the CRA and the larger HSS Research Institute.
Collaborators with a deep experience in clinical research and regulations, and has strong interest in education, online communications and social media are invited to apply. Applicants should have outstanding writing skills, have excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to outreach and collaborate. This manager’s responsibilities will fall within two interconnected areas:
Education and Training Development
- Manage and create educational and training programming for clinical research and its operations with internal and external experts.
- Ensure trainings cover skills, knowledge and behaviors relevant to the competency being trained.
- Ensure materials and the information provided are accurate and consistent in delivery.
- Provide regular review of training program to ensure that it continues to be relevant.
- Facilitate onboarding and training of new research staff with their respective service line managers.
- As a member of the SOP Committee, draft new standard operating procedures and policies with CRA, Corporate Compliance and Legal while pushing best practices forward through engagement and education to the wider HSS research community.
- As a member of the Clinical Research Operations Quality Assurance team, provide expert clinical research knowledge to study teams who are preparing for monitoring/auditing visits or are rolling out new processes.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as a clinical research professional role model.
- Be an active member of the academic community at HSS through collaboration with other institutional stakeholders including the HSS Education Institute.
Communications Strategy and Implementation
- Support content development for Research Institute related communications across all platforms.
- Develop communications strategy with Directors, Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer, and Communications & Marketing team.
- Expand and maintain online educational hub (intranet) where shared institutional knowledge lives and is easily accessible to the HSS research community.
- Draft content, develop storylines and assist with design of materials related to research, latest news and accomplishments.
- Liaison between multiple partners such as the research community, investigators, Communications & Marketing, Development, and Education Institute on strategic initiatives and campaigns for patients, Board of Trustees and wider community.
- Provide proactive support and maintain timelines for cross-departmental initiatives, programs and consultants.
- Bachelor's degree in science related or communications related field
- At least 3 years of clinical research experience
- Thorough knowledge of clinical trial design, implementation and operations, regulatory processes, Good Clinical Practice, and Human Subject Protection guidelines.
- Strong interest in health-and science-focused communications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with an understanding of audience and delivery.
- Positive attitude and willingness to dig for answers.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks.
- Strong to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- ACRP or SOCRA certification.
- 1-2 years of education, professional development or related experience.