How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
- Provides assistance to anesthesiologists in all clinical settings.
- Retrieves and delivers additional anesthesia supplies/instruments as requested by clinical staff.
- Conducts daily audit of difficult airway cart/PACU cart/MRI cart/Resuscitation cart to establish current stock levels and create inventory of items to be stocked.
- Re-stocks anesthesia carts using designated par levels.
- Assists in cleaning anesthesia equipment when cases conclude each day, ensures state of readiness for next OR day.
- Ensures adequate supplies are maintained on anesthesia carts and contacts Manager, Anesthesia Technicians if discrepancies are identified.
- Works cooperatively with other members of Anesthesia Technical Support Team and Material Management Staff to avoid potential supply inadequacies and address immediate deficiencies.
- Maintains order in anesthesia supply storage areas.
- Communicates promptly and effectively with supervisory staff to address outstanding issues.
- Completes daily report and relays outstanding issues to Manager, Anesthesia Technicians.
- Demonstrates competency and safety in clinical settings.
- Duties as necessary in absence of Anesthesia Supply Technician.
- Displays a positive attitude toward work assignments, performance feedback, and interactions with co-workers, patients, families, and visitors.
- Willingly adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer literacy, including proficiency in Outlook email and E-learning.
- Attends Department meetings regularly and punctually.
- High school diploma.
- Hospital experience preferred but not necessary.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in use of hospital computer applications such as E Learning and Outlook email.
Working Conditions: Physical Requirements
Physical: Continuously stand/walk. Lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate to significant weight. Push cart of moderate to significant weight.
Environmental: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature, and noise.
Hazards: OSHA Category 1: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials.