How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Sr. Project Manager, Technical Services
- Manage high profile, strategically important projects and programs within the Technical Services portfolio: Network, Infrastructure, Data Center, Telecom, Desktop, and Software Deployment initiatives
- Manage scope, timeline, costs, quality, issues, risks within assigned initiatives while utilizing existing tools such as MSFT Project, MSFT Teams, MSFT Planner, Monday.com and other PPM platforms
- Lead interdisciplinary teams that include operations/clinical users, IT application teams, IT training, IT Technical Services and external vendors/consultants
- Serve as an escalation point and represent the team in management venues including stand-ups, portfolio reviews, governance/advisory meetings, steering committees, etc.
- Utilize various methodologies to achieve project and program management results including Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc…
- Assist with overall Technical Services portfolio management responsibilities in the Network, Infrastructure, Data Center, Telecom, Desktop, and Software Deployment space
- Conduct administrative and supervisory tasks including time and performance management, PM coaching, matrixed PM training
- Collaborate with the HSS IT PMO team to enhance/develop policies, procedures, templates, best practices and tools – aim of constantly improving the practice of project/program/portfolio management at HSS
- Directly manage other project managers and project coordinators when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned including portfolio level operations management responsibilities
- Minimum of 7 years managing IT Technical projects involving Network, Infrastructure, Data Center, Telecom, Desktop, Software Deployment
- Expert level proficiency with the MSFT suite of products including Project, Teams, Planner, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of portfolio level financial management (capital and operating)
- Experience managing other Project Managers/Project Coordinators
- Demonstrated success working with and leading multiple teams from different disciplines with an ability to manage internal expectations on project/program requirements and timelines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently, resolve conflicts and manage project plans as well as communicate risks, issues and concerns with IT/Operational counterparts
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented; a team player who is analytical and focused on achieving HSS’s business goals through technology initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required (MS or MBA preferred)
- Provider side healthcare Project Management experience strongly preferred
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP, ITIL certification strongly preferred
- Experience with agile project management methodologies preferred
- Ability to monitor and synthesize data, identify trends and insights, make recommendations based on rational thinking
- Demonstrated cultural competence and ability to interface with a diverse, multi-cultural population; diplomatic and discreet; socially, culturally, and politically astute
- Committed to improving quality/service through constant improvement
- Ability to maintain a spirit of cooperation and respect