How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Patient Access Specialist
WEEKENDS - 5am-1pm
A highly-visible role responsible for assisting physician practices with administrative aspects of patient care. The Patient Access Specialist is an expert in customer service and ensuring patient needs are met at the end of the visit. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing patients with documentation and printed materials related to their visit and treatment plan;
- Prioritizing patient flow including directing patients to other locations within the hospital or facilitating transportation services for patients if needed;
- Referring patients to hospital services as needed (ie financial navigation);
- Collecting copays/payments and depositing all collections with hospital cashiers;
- Verifying insurance and obtaining benefit information;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Facilitating scheduling and authorizations for urgent patient needs in conjunction with Practice Coordinators;
- Addressing any patient concerns that remain after the end of the visit;
- Providing back-up support to other staff as needed;
- Providing exceptional customer service to all patients, visitors and customers;
- Additional administrative responsibilities as directed by the physician, the supervisor or department leadership.
- Superior oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Consistently displays professional appearance;
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to effectively and accurately follow directions or instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to help coworkers when needed
- Experience with Epic preferred; strong computer skills required
- Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance, preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred
- Associate’s degree required. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.