How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
Sr. Development Director, Education Institute
The Sr. Development Director’s primary role is to work closely with Education Institute and HSS medical leadership in identifying and securing funding to support education programs through cultivating and stewarding relationships with companies and organizations that support the academic mission of HSS. Fundraising areas of focus include the departments of Professional Education, Community Education and Outcomes, and Academic Training, as well as the Education Institute as a whole. She/he/they will report to the Vice President of the HSS Education Institute.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning and Relationship-building
- Cultivate and steward high level relationships with companies and organizations that support the mission of HSS and the Education Institute
- Identify and secure funding for Education Institute programs from sources such as pharmaceutical and medical device companies, private foundations, and government agencies
- Identify and secure funding sources through relationships with faculty and services within HSS and EI Dept heads
- Develop and maintain oversight attaining benchmarks for annual Education Institute fundraising strategic plan that complements the EI strategic plan
- Create fundraising and sponsorship packages that mutually benefit EI, HSS and funders
- Collaborate on fundraising efforts with HSS Development Department that include private foundations and HSS Alumni Association
- Track and analyze annual EI revenue from multiple funding sources within and outside HSS including monthly interest on endowed funds, alumni dues, lab and academic visitor fees, corporate grants, exhibit fees and foundation grants.
- Lead the monthly Education Institute Finance Committee in collaboration with VP to keep abreast of funding needs to support staffing and critical programmatic expenses
- Nurture the “new funding” Education Institute task force developed to engage stakeholders within the Education Institute to collaborate on identifying innovative fundraising strategies
- Develop and submit funding proposals for grant, exhibit, sponsorship, and in-kind donations, as well as reconcile final budget reports
- Conduct prospect research to identify new sources of funding including foundations and industry
- Create revenue projection reports and funding status reports on a monthly cadence
- Secure and manage Letters of Agreement for Continuing Medical Education Grants
ACCME Standards for Commercial Support
- Ensure HSS compliance with ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support