How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
OR Materials Management Implant Technician
Per Diem Nights
As an Implant Technician in the OR Materials Management Inventory & Distribution department at Hospital for Special Surgery, you will be responsible for maintaining adequate par levels and the distribution of Implants and surgical supplies to all operating rooms as requested by the surgical team. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Receives and documents implants requested by the circulating nurse for surgery
- Picks and dispense implants to the circulating nurse for surgery
- Deliver implants/supplies to operating rooms as needed
- Reconciles all unused implants returned from surgery
- Perform inventory counts on loaner implant systems as needed
- Acts as a resource person for circulating nurses regarding arthroplasty implants and surgical supplies
- Inspect used implant trays to determine what is missing
- Re-stock all implants trays appropriately
- Log all implants ordered for implant trays in tray tracking software system (Google Drive)
- Review tray tracking software systems to determine tray usability status for next day’s OR schedule
- Re-order implants and surgical supplies according to pre-determined par levels.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for implants and surgical supplies
- Monitors back ordered implants and supplies
- Contacts vendor representative for assistance prior to a stock outage as a result of a back order situation
- Places implants and supplies received into stock
- Checks the inventory for soon to expire items and removes them from stock
- Maintain data in the inventory management system software (Qsight) by performing inventory cycle counts according to departmental needs
- Transport wire carts containing complete implant systems from one floor to another as the operative schedule calls for.
Operative Surgical Schedule review:
- Review the 48 hours and next day’s operative schedule for implant and supply needs.
- Update the Epic implant status and white communication boards
- Complete the list of implant trays that are needed for surgery the following day
- Hand off any incomplete task to the Implant Technician Coordinator or designee for follow up
Monitoring of Loaner bins in Implant Room (4W-025)
- Label all loaner systems
- Determine if loaner implants are needed for surgery that day
- Notify the vendor representative if loaners are left over after surgery