How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Senior Business Analyst, Digital Solutions
The Digital team at HSS is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to fill an essential role in the overall success of digital initiatives at HSS. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting team members on the Digital team, as well as partnering with the operations, access, analytics, information technology and other stakeholders across the broader HSS organization, to conduct current state and root cause analysis, support future state solution design, lead data sourcing and analysis to inform and shape digital initiatives, and support the implementation of those initiatives.
- Diagnose areas where digital solutions would make a positive impact and bring a data-driven approach to digital solution prioritization, design, development, implementation, and post implementation monitoring
- Support the digital team by leading efforts in solution mapping, root cause problem solving, solution design and implementation
- Distill analysis and findings into reports, dashboards and presentations for the team and senior leadership
- Evaluate data needs across the digital team’s product portfolio and partner with analytics team members to design and conduct data analysis
- Create and foster strong working relationships with physician practices
- Ensure issues are resolved in an efficient manner
- Work closely with digital team to develop a working knowledge of digital products, technical build specifics and workflow implications, and the pipeline of future digital tools/technologies
- Serve as a liaison between the digital team, physician practices, and other operational stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with a variety of business and clinical subject matter experts during all stages of the digital solution lifecycle
- Participate in the project plan development, including timeline, scope, and sequencing
- Lead efforts to increase adoption and engagement, in close collaboration with Digital Product Managers, PPM, Service Lines, and other relevant stakeholders
- Formally report back to digital team on the operational successes and challenges of ongoing projects based on front-end user feedback; identify and communicate recommend solutions as appropriate
Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution in Business Management, Finance, Data & Analytics, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree and/or consulting experience preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution in related field
- Strong problem-solving and creative solutioning skills; ability to synthesize many inputs
- Full working knowledge of various software and spreadsheet applications used in data reporting and analysis, process mapping, process design/redesign and work-flow management (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) required
- Must possess ability to influence people, build relationships and collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team and with senior leadership
- 2-5 years working in a healthcare environment, including increasing levels of responsibility, an advanced understanding of ambulatory workflows, and working knowledge of inpatient workflows
- Demonstrated track record of leading cross-departmental initiatives and programs, from design to execution in expedited timeframes in technology or healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to and work with senior leadership, clinical leadership, front-line staff, and other operational partners
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple interdisciplinary initiatives and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the health-care environment, and trends in health care technologies