How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
Administrator, Simulation Learning & Training Center
The Administrator to the Simulation Learning & Training Center reports to the Director of the Center and is responsible for the daily administrative functions for the Center. He/she is accountable in helping ensure smooth daily operations. It is imperative that he/she has a comfort-level in a clinical environment where human tissue is used daily and interactions with HSS physicians, surgical and non-surgical learners are present.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicates with various departments to disseminate and receive information.
- Develops and implements methods to continuously assess and improve department’s performance.
- Collaborates with management in the oversight of Center operations including resources, NYS DOH documentation and weekly lab schedule that includes core education sessions, physician practice, research, medical student training and industry-sponsored sessions.
- Assists leadership with analyzing trends in lab activity and staffing plans.
- Offers suggestions regarding ways to streamline record keeping, financial management, tracking learner participations.
- Acts as information resource to residents, fellows, medical staff, vendors, industry contacts and ancillary departments that access the facilities.
- Develops and maintains budgets including managing oversight of industry-funded labs including creating, distributing, and overseeing collection of over $500M/yr.
- Develops organizational process to manage vendor facility use agreements system to ensure remain current.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate procedures and controls to ensure timely completion of specimen procurement.
- Keeps Director informed and provides routine reports on Center budgets and collection of industry sponsored labs.
- Maintains documentation, records and reports lab activity and usage for the HSS’ American College of Surgeon Accreditation and supply monthly data for EI dashboards.
- Manages supply inventory, purchases and organizes lab supplies.
- Issues check requests for vendor payments from operating accounts; make deposits into Simulation Learning & Training Center special purpose fund account.
- Oversees lab deliveries, schedule pick-ups, process purchase requisitions, check requests and petty cash vouchers for Simulation Learning & Training Center staff and Center activity and provide copies to Education Institute Office Manager.
- Performs business administration duties, including word processing, typing, filing, data entry and special projects, when necessary.
- Provides support for special projects as needed and assists with Education-Institute wide initiatives as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years of office/business management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office XP (excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, word).
- Knowledge or ability to be trained in the use of audiovisual equipment.
- Experience in clinical environment preferred.