How you move is why we’re here.
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by . As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Senior Software Developer - Digital Solutions
The Software Developer will be a key contributor for consumer-facing, patient-facing, and internal applications developed and maintained by the Digital Solutions team at the Hospital for Special Surgery. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop our patient’s cross-platform Digital Front Door, guide the integration with other digital assets within the organization (e.g. our electronic medical record, website, third party solutions, etc.) and to iteratively improve upon the patient experience in meaningful ways. The Software Developer will be knowledgeable about mobile app development, leading software development languages and platforms, and will have experience with developing the front-end of highly integrated products. This role will report to the Senior Director – Technical Architecture (Digital)
· Develop and improve mobile and web code base for patient-facing applications.
· Work closely with product managers, technical architect and information technology resources to track project completion
· Work closely with all members of the Product and DevOps teams – designers, technical architects, integration engineers, AWS engineers, site reliability engineers, Epic analysts, Digital and operational leadership -- to execute on the product vision.
· Provide timely updates to project management resources and ensure project timelines are met
· Collaborate with the UI/UX teams to ensure final products are user friendly
· Collaborate with analytics and information technology counterparts to track baseline and success metrics of products
· Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
· Design, develop, and maintain automated unit tests across the product functionality.
· Participate in platform architecture designs and technical backlog grooming.
· Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
· Assist with the creation of reports, manuals, and other documentation on the operation and maintenance of products.
· Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
· Collaborate with integration engineering team to develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
· Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
· Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
Skills and Experience - Required
· Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
· 3 years minimum of experience as a senior level software developer
· 3 years minimum experience with native mobile app development, specifically iOS Swift and React Native.
· Experience working on AWS.
· Experience building products that support chatbots & media integration
· Experience integrating, building & deploying custom APIs for data exchange.
· Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (Git preferred).
· Experience with test driven development.
· Experience with agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum.
· Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
Skills and Experience – Preferred
· Proficient in Java or equivalent OO language such as .Net, C++, etc. Minimum 3 years.
· Experience with MuleSoft.
· Experience with SalesForce.
· Experience with Twilio.
· Experience with Raygun or a similar mobile app monitoring platform.
· Experience with Google Analytics and Google Firebase.
· Experience with Apple Developer accounts and Google Play Developer accounts.
· Experience with building applications leveraging the Epic SDK and/or App Orchard web services.
· Excellent communication skills, equally as comfortable collaborating with demanding business leaders as you are collaborating with the internal developmet