Salesforce Senior Developer
Hospital for Special Surgery has an opportunity for an experienced Salesforce developer to collaborate on all aspects of the implementation of Salesforce Health Cloud for patient access and referrals. As a key member of the Information Technology Department, the Salesforce Senior Developer will attain specialized knowledge of the software and serve as a vital liaison between the HSS IT Department, hospital departments, HSS Connect, patient access, and physician’s offices.
**This position requires the flexibility to work an expanded work schedule, including early mornings, nights & weekends during major implementation and support efforts**
- Actively work on all aspects of Salesforce implementations and expected to handle a project or user story end to end (Analyze->Build->Test->Deploy).
- Coordinate and communicate with business users to understand the business requirements and perform technical analysis to suggest solutions and suggestions.
- Routinely perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details and other build, design and configuration issues associated with Epic use (Epic integrated with Salesforce using Mulesoft)
- Develop product content (build all necessary codes/databases/rules/functions) for each implementation.
- Guide the team on Salesforce Technical design, implementations, solutioning and best practices. Demonstrate technical thought leadership and serve as mentor/lead.
- Follow Coding Standards and Conduct Code Reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
- Work closely with all members of the Product and DevOps teams – designers, technical architects, integration engineers, AWS engineers, site reliability engineers, Epic analysts, Digital and operational leadership -- to execute on the product vision.
- Prioritize and implement system change requests, coordinate software updates and changes with end-users.
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure the build is thoroughly tested each new release and enhancement.
- Document the Technical Design and Implementation details.
- Review software, workflows, analyze business operations, and collaborate with colleagues, HSS Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts and end-users to ensure systems are suitable for the organization’s HSS Connect, patient access and physician’s practice needs.
- Play an integral role in supporting the HSS adoption and engagement strategy (i.e., train, support and optimize access, referrals, scheduling, clinical, financial & practice management solutions)
- Collaborate with integration engineering team to develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Provide on-site support during go-live and system upgrade scenarios; provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Assist with all Quality Assurance processes including change management and testing efforts; participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Participate in user meetings, in-services and internal team meetings; Provide subject-matter-expert knowledge transfer to colleagues.
- Remain current on Salesforce technologies and obtain certification in Salesforce applications as warranted.