How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
Data Center Engineer
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is seeking a Data Center Engineer to provide support and operations of the IDFs, MDFs and Data Center facilities that contain critical computing infrastructure for HSS.
Success in the position will require exceptional communication skills, an excellent technical background in structured cabling, UPS, PDU and HVAC systems as well as sound troubleshooting abilities; experience with Data Center facility design to support maximum uptime. Additionally, the Data Center Engineer will work closely with IT teams and Hospital Facilities Engineering to implement initiatives across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day to day operations of the Data Center Services team
- Maintain the health of all IDF and Data Center UPS systems
- Maintain the health of all IDF and Data Center HVAC systems
- Oversee all electrical and mechanical maintenance activities for MEP infrastructure contained in IDF and Data Center facilities
- Compile weekly, quarterly and annual reports and metrics. Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT leadership
- Assist IT department with remote hand and feet support where applicable (reboot servers, escort vendors to facilities)
- Assist with updating Data Center and IDF closet policies and procedure documentation for Data Center Services Support items
- Manage and maintain Data Center and IDF Closet inventory of UPS, portable AC units and cabling.
- Assist with scheduling of maintenance activities or repairs.
- Ensure Data center and IDF closet standards are maintained
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Update IDF closet and Data Center rack elevations in DCIM tool.
- Install and Configure new UPS and PDU’s for monitoring
Successful Candidate should have:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Collaborative approach and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to think strategically and deal effectively with competing priorities and demands
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent listening skills, to enable the understanding and dissemination of requirements from varied stakeholders
- Ability to work with multiple IT groups and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Engineering or related discipline required
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Certified Data Center Technician Profession (CDCTP) or Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Center engineering
- Experience in developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL processes, metrics and documentation
- Data Center service tools
- Experience with fundamental data center design, hot/cold aisle rack orientation, power and cooling.