Employment Status: Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week: 35
This individual will be an integral member of the research team in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements. The candidate will participate in all research study related activities and quality assurance of data for the projects that will result from our registry. The candidate will play an integral role in day-to-day research activities and patient coordination; ensuring efficient operations.
- Assist in the synchronization of research activities for Dr. Edwin Su and serves as a liaison between patients and research staff.
- Provide overall administrative support for clinical research activities. Provides timely reports to Principal Investigator and Research Coordinator.
- Contributes to research through:
- Recruitment process (conducts informed consent process)
- Data collection
- Ensures that study procedures are conducted in compliance with protocols and GCP.
- Assures that research is done in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensures that all research related regulatory, institutional, and departmental compliance requirements are met as appropriate.
- Handles I.T. communications (requests) and generates reports or data overview as needed.
- Facilitates completion of all internal documentation needed for research (IRB applications, conflict of interest forms, data collection forms, etc.)
- Assists in data collection for research-specific studies including but not limited to the performance of measurements for applicable studies, collection of clinical data from patients directly, and manage the performance of all other duties as put forth in the protocol.
- Maintains and enhances professional growth through participation in seminars, research meetings, and internal training sessions to keep abreast of trends in the field of Arthroplasty research.
- Assists in patient care coordination by assuring patients attend follow-up visits, complete research forms, and meet all study requirements.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior research experience
- Prior hospital experience
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and Good Technology Practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient use of computers and software
- Knowledge of Orthopaedic and/or Rheumatologic terminology is a plus.