Clinical Director of Advanced Practice
The Clinical Director of Advanced Practice develops and leads an advanced practice operational and strategic infrastructure in alignment with HSS organizational goals. Reporting to the AVP, Clinical Practice, this role ensures the delivery of high-quality care from the APP team, based upon evidenced based practice and research. The Director of Advance Practice will be responsible for numerous aspects of clinical care and new program development to ensure the optimization of advanced practice workflow and utilization to positively impact patient care. This position requires a motivated NP leader who can function autonomously and in collaboration with all aspects of the organization. This NP position is based at the main hospital in the Upper East Side of Manhattan (New York, NY). This is a full-time position, working 5 days.
- Manages the daily clinical operations of assigned areas of operational responsibility including staff on boarding, training, delegating and mentoring, scheduling, and oversight and evaluation of staff
- Provides expertise on Advanced Practice regulations and oversees the credentialing and privileging for advanced practice providers in collaboration with Medical Staff
- Demonstrates financial accountability with operating budgets, provider billing and productivity benchmarks
- Maintains expertise in clinical competency and utilizes knowledge by serving as an internal and external expert consultant in Advanced Practice matters on various administrative and clinical committees
- Provides support to department and organization in establishing practice protocols.
- Develops processes to collect, verify, and evaluate data relevant to professional performance.
- Provides overview for current competencies and compliance and oversees implementation of departmental-based performance improvement for ongoing professional practice evaluation.
- Masters from an accredited school of nursing required, doctoral degree preferred
- Licensure as an NP and RN in the state of NY required.
- National board certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) from an agency accredited by the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) (e. g., ANCC, AANP) is highly desirable.
- Master s (MBA, MPH, MHA) in Healthcare Administration, Public Health or Business, and ANCC nurse executive or nurse executive-advanced certification, preferred.
- Experience in an academic, multi-specialty institutions, with some knowledge of orthopedics, preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience managing staff at the manger or director-level is preferred.
- Epic Experience preferred