Laboratory Technologist – Chemistry/Hematology
As an integral member of our Laboratory team, the successful candidate performs blood tests and other body fluid tests using automated analyzers as well as manual methods to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Our core values center on respect, consideration, compassion for all individuals and maintaining awareness of diverse cultural and religious beliefs. Your capacity to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and promote the highest standards of care and safety is critical to the mission of HSS.
- Identifies morphology of hematopoietic cells in various stages of development and other characteristics of cells, which may be related to disease processes, with understanding of the significance of the finding.
- Performs all quality control and instrument check procedure and maintains all related records.
- Performs all required procedures related to counting and identification of blood cells, coagulation studies, other hematologic procedures, and routine urinalysis using a variety of equipment.
- Perform all required procedures related to enzymes and other chemical analytes using a variety of equipment including Vitros, blood gas analyzers, etc.
- Prepare solutions and reagents used in all test, with particular attention to viability, lot number and expiration date of substance before using in the performance of tests.
- Process stat specimens expeditiously.
- Participate in the QA/PI process and improves performance based on results obtained from QI activities.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams.
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital.