OR Inventory and Distribution
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the department Sr. Director with the general management of the OR Inventory and Distribution Department. The Director will oversee the OR implant ordering, receiving and inventory management functions.
- Effectively manages consigned and owned orthopedic implant inventory
- Manages the implant ordering process
- Provides coverage for Assistant Director for Sports Medicine as necessary.
- Utilizes information from Lawson and QSight information systems to refine inventory levels.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory information and item master data maintained in QSight.
- Assists with the management and the regulatory compliance of Allograft implants.
- Provides direction and support to Implant Room staff.
- Works closely with implant suppliers to ensure that required implants are available when needed.
- Manages implant backorders and effectively communicates availability information to clinical staff.
- Coordinates loaner implant availability based upon operative schedule and stock on hand.
- Promotes superior customer service and employee engagement.
- Promotes a supportive and team-oriented work environment.
- Supports departmental operations consistent with the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- Address product recalls in the absence of the Sr. Director.
Broad understanding and knowledge of:
- Orthopedic implants and supplies
- Supply and implant inventory management practices
- Orthopedic surgical procedures
- Operating room policies and procedures
Education / Licensure
- Bachelors Healthcare Applied Sciences preferred
- Masters Business Administration preferred
- RN or PA licensure preferred
- 5 years in a related field. 3 years management experience
- 5 years progressive management experience in a hospital surgery setting
- Infor Lawson and QSight software applications