Coordinator, Admin and Q/A
Reports to: Director, QA/PI; Senior Director of the Department
- Acts as the primary representative of, and provides direct assistance to, the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief
- Manages all aspects of the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief’s daily operations, including: coordinating and arranging calendar; setting up meetings/interviews; drafting, proof reading, and typing letters/memos/documents; keeping track of reimbursable finances; managing phones, triaging calls, providing information to internal and external callers
- Coordinates all aspects of MD applications and appointments to the HSS medical staff
- Works with Anesthesiologist-in-Chief and Chair of the Promotions Committee in obtaining academic appointments and promotions in Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell
- Collects, analyzes and aggregates departmental data to produce internal and external reports to identify performance improvement initiatives specifically related to SCIP measures, OR efficiency, narcotic reconciliation, safe injection practices, anesthetic block information and regulatory compliance
- Identifies areas of improvement and communicates action plans to improve performance on the National Patient Safety Goals
- Manages the department’s BIRT book through quality management
- Runs and writes Epic reports to ensure compliance with departmental quality measures
- Aggregates data collected by perioperative audits to report to hospital-wide quality groups
- Collaborates with QA Director on publications and presentations of performance improvement initiatives at a national and international level
- Write and enter anesthesia-related complications into the departmental QA database
- Authors department’s monthly QA newsletter, compiled to educate physicians on important hospital updates
- Collects, assesses and manages the physician compliance grid shared electronically that publicizes individual performance on several hospital metrics
- Maintains physician, CRNA, and PA profiles to be reported to Quality Management for re-credentialing purposes
- Duties as necessary in the absence of Administrative Coordinator or Staff Secretary: distribute mail, prepare OR schedule, submit payroll, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in healthcare administration or similar field.
- Minimum 3 years prior healthcare administrative experience required. QA experience preferred.
- Strong administrative skills, strict attention to detail, exceptional written and verbal skills, strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to create complex Excel spreadsheets, including formulas and data manipulation, produce and calculate compliance reports, create and update relevant Excel formulas and pivot tables , and develop spreadsheets to track and trend regulatory requirement data
- Expert level use of Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated Powerpoint proficiency
- Experience with clinical systems, including Epic report writing
- Statistics proficiency highly preferred
Working Conditions: Physical Requirements
Physical: Standing or sitting in the same location; may require to stoop, climb or lift light material (<10 lbs.) or equipment.
Environmental: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature, and noise.
Hazards: OSHA Category 1: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials.
- Displays a positive attitude toward work assignments, performance feedback, and interactions with co-workers, patients, families, and visitors.
- Willingly adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer literacy, including proficiency in Outlook email and E-learning.
- Attends Department and Hospital meetings regularly and punctually.