Site Administrator - OPC
Located in White Plains, New York, the HSS Westchester Outpatient Center is one of five regional offices throughout the tri-state area offering physician office visits for medical diagnosis and pre- and post-operative care; an acute injury clinic, offering same day appointments; radiology services, including digital x-ray and MRI; and rehabilitation services, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, performance testing, training, and wellness programming.
The Site Administrator provides essential leadership of the Center and serves as a main point of contact internally for the hospital, providers, and office staff, and externally for community stakeholders. The Site Administrator directly supervises the clinical support staff (RNs, LPNs), including hiring, on boarding, scheduling, and performance management. The Site Administrator also provides onsite, day-to-day management for Patient Access and Radiology, as well as support for Rehab and physician offices. While the Site Administrator’s primary focus is the efficient and effective operation of the Center, s/he will partner with the Medical Director, hospital and site leadership, and other departments to develop and execute initiatives that promote the Center’s growth and support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Bachelor's degree (e.g., BA, BS, BSN, BSW) required
- Master’s degree (e.g., MA, MS, MBA, MSN, MSW) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive management experience, preferably while working in a hospital or medical office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and exercise influence in a complex, multi-departmental, and matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Epic to support operational and clinical activities preferred.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Managing the Center and its operations.
- Collaborating with providers and Physician Practice Management to establish, support, and ensure the growth and success of physician practices.
- Collaborating with various hospital departments to ensure appropriate staffing and competencies; the materials, supplies, and equipment necessary to complete required work; the responsible allocation and utilization of hospital resources; and compliance with all policies, procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the maintenance of the property and its assets, including the cultivation and management of vendor relationships.
- Advocating for the Center and its patients, providers, and staff through representation and active participation on various hospital committees and workgroups. (Occasional travel to Manhattan will be required.)
Managing the staff and promoting employee engagement.
- Inspiring enthusiasm and commitment to excellence across departments by consistently demonstrating behaviors that reflect the HSS core values and the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
- Routinely providing others with the information they need to do their work by communicating openly, honestly, and in a timely manner.
- Utilizing all aspects of the performance management cycle (defining expectations, setting goals, providing feedback, coaching, mentoring, corrective action) to help staff best fulfill their job responsibilities.
Helping the organization achieve its strategic and financial goals.
- Developing and aligning Center and workgroup goals with the hospital’s strategic plan.
- Developing and managing departmental budgets and meeting financial performance targets for areas of responsibility.
- Compiling, interpreting, and reporting on key performance indicators and other data, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Improving our processes and performance.
- Challenging the status quo by developing and championing new ideas that add value to the organization; specifically (and continuously) assessing and improving Center operations and systems, with particular focus on enhancing the patient experience.
- Developing, implementing, and managing projects and initiatives using a systematic approach to translate work plans into actionable components and measurable outcomes.