CSP Equipment Technician
As an integral member of the Central Sterile Processing team, the successful Equipment Technician candidate is responsible for cleaning, auditing and transportation of durable medical equipment. Equipment Technicians also provide assistance with transportation of empty patient beds and installation of traction equipment. They are also responsible for cleaning, auditing and replenishment of supplies on the Emergency Code Carts used on the patient care units.
- Cleans, audits and transports durable medical equipment
- Provides assistance with transportation of empty patient beds and stretchers.
- Performs O2 tank rounds on in patient units for tank verification.
- Installs foot board and traction equipment on beds for inpatient units.
- Inspects and cleans nourishment and med-storage refrigerators.
- Cleans, audits, inventories and replenishes Emergency code carts.
- Recognizes when equipment needs repair and follows up with appropriate personnel or department
- Performs rounds on in patient units to verify durable medical equipment use in patient rooms.
- Maintains sensitivity and awareness of cultural and religious diversity when addressing patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment and assists CSP leadership in projects and/or tasks as assigned.
- Support departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range strategic plan, mission, vision and values of the hospital