Licensed Clinical Social Worker
This position serves as a clinical support to the implementation of a patient's plan of care; promotes effective utilization of hospital resources; responds to in-hospital referrals for short-term assessment and counseling intervention. This position will work with a multidisciplinary team to support a safe discharge plan, using the assessment and counseling process as support to patients with identified needs. Supports the hospital mission and all policy and Joint Commission standards.
- Monitors and communicates to interdisciplinary team the status of patient assessment current counseling status, and integration of these with medical discharge plan.
- Provide supportive, psychosocial counseling to patients suffering from anxiety, depression, grieving, etcetera.
- Monitors the patient's progress, intervening as necessary and appropriately to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused, high quality, efficient and cost effective.
- Proactively identifies and resolves delays and obstacles to discharge.
- Certification/Licensure Requirements
- LCSW (NY State Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- 2-3 years experience as a medical Social Worker
Previous experience in Healthcare/Medical setting as a Social Worker with a strong discharge planning background. Experience in providing supportive counseling for inpatients, with trauma, post-orthopedic surgery, chronic pain, child abuse/domestic violence and social barriers to discharge. Complex discharge planning experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency standards: good oral and written communication ability. Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects independently.
- Good organizational skills.